d3doverrider stuttering.

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by jadesocket, Jan 26, 2011.

1. jadesocket

jadesocket Active Member

GPU:
    DIAMOND ATI 5770
    Okay, i cant be the only having this problem. I've been using d3doverrider for a very long time now and ive been very happy with it. However, recently it started causing stuttering in almost every 3d game i play. its the same kind of stuttering too. its like it jumps a couple of frames a sec. The only thing i can think of that may have an affect on this is my upgrade to win7 32bit. anyone know the source of this problem?

edit: uninstall problem fixed

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  2. stangowner

stangowner Guest

GPU:
    2xMSI N550GTX-Ti Cy II OC
    Not sure on the stuttering problem.

For the uninstall issue, make sure RivaTuner, MSI Afterburner, and/or EVGA Precision are not running. Check the task manager and kill the RTSS.exe process. Then uninstall.

3. jadesocket

jadesocket Active Member

GPU:
    DIAMOND ATI 5770
    thanks. yeah i got it to uninstall after a while. the real problem is the stuttering. this is really bothering me right now because i love d3doverrider but it just wont work.

im in need of some desperate help :(

also i noticed that afterburner and cpu-z doesnt say i have catalyst 11.1. normally afterburner would display like "Driver Version: 7.14.10.0806 Catalyst 11.1" but right now its only displaying "7.14.10.0806" im wondering if this is causing any problems.

4. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Boy, it's hard to say about the stuttering. If it worked fine in "all" games and not now, my guess is something has changed in your OS. Can you stop some unneeded processes to try to isolate it. Did you install something that may have started it to cause this?

Some apps just simple don't like D3DO and must be excluded.

As far as wrong driver version, I would bet $20 it's AMD's drivers. :D

5. jadesocket

jadesocket Active Member

GPU:
    DIAMOND ATI 5770
    hey thanks for the reply.

i've been trying to isolate it for a while now, turning off every possible thing running. still nothing. as for installation of weird programs, i dont think i did anything that is incompatible with d3doverrider.

right now all i can think of is the driver. maybe someone else with ati's latest driver can tell me if d3d is working with it.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2011