Attention! New clan leader in town!

Discussion in 'Guru of 3D Clan' started by John, Sep 5, 2006.

1. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    So, we have come to a decision. After some discussing among the staff, we decided that Potyondi was best qualified for the job. His experience in previous clans, his mature and nice behaviour on the forums, and his willingness to do this thing were all important factors in our decision. And the fact that he already has a 32 ranked BF2 server helps as well!

I must add that LordOfDoom was a very strong canditate as well. Sadly we had to chose one, so. I'm sure Potyondi will have use for LordOfDoom anyways, as there's quite some work involved in this.

So then, Potyondi's title has officially been changed to [G3D] Clan Leader. The Clan webpage should be up in a few weeks, but until then everything will be organised through the forums, in this section. How he choses to do things, will be pretty much up to him only though.

I'm sure Potyondi will do a great job, and won't let us down. Let's all give him a warm welcome!

Congratulations, Potyondi!

2. Potyondi

Potyondi Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS EAX1900XTX 512MB + VF-900
    Thank you very much for allowing me this position! I will do the best I can to make Guru3D a very respectable clan. I have many ideas for the [G3D] clan, one of which is entering us into CAL open season (whenever it starts), so that we may compete competitively with other clans.

I will be posting many more thoughts of mine shortly in a sticky which I hope to be able to make with the help of John.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. 74.52.8.6 , remember that IP folks. That is your new 32 slot ranked BF2 server! I will be changing the title and server image to Guru3D soon. If anyone would like to help make a server image that reflects Guru3D, I welcome you to submit them to me.

Thank you all once again for believing in me, and I will do my best not to let you down!

3. vikrant_leo

vikrant_leo Member Guru

GPU:
    ATi X800 & Nvidia 7800GTOC
    Congratulations Potyondi.

4. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Apple M2 Pro
    Congrats dude :D
    I'll soon sign up for the clan *F.E.A.R. Combat* :D

5. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    congrats hope u do well

where can i sign up? (after more training :D)

6. Satan

Satan Guest

GPU:
    some
    Nice! I should move into BF2. The CSS turnout is pitiful. **Sobs, Lonely**

7. WR3CK

WR3CK Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4890
    congrats Potyondi.
    so im assuming our tag will be [G3D]

8. vikrant_leo

vikrant_leo Member Guru

GPU:
    I guess so coz, he voted for it ...:p lol....

9. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I'm not sure what you guys agreed on, but I thought [G3D] made sense, so I made his title [G3D] Clan Leader
    I can probably change it if you decided on something else :/

10. vikrant_leo

vikrant_leo Member Guru

GPU:
    well there was a poll going on about this which had the top votes for
    {G3D} - 33.33%
    [G3D] - 23.33%.
    -=G3D=- 20%
    out of 8 candidate tags. It was thought to have another poll for the top 2/3 to have a final winner. But it is upto the clan leader as to how he wants to go ahead with this. I think every1 will be cool with either one.

11. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

GPU:
    -
    Congratulations on your ballet win! I hope this clan turns out great. I am sure we can get many people to play in each game.

12. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    IMHO, [G3D] looks better, and it reminds me of the old clan name :p But meh, as you say it's up to the leader to decide.

13. Potyondi

Potyondi Master Guru

GPU:
    Hello everyone. Thank you all for the nice warm welcome!

I am going to be speaking with John fairly soon, and we will have a sticky up by tonight with a lot of detailed information regarding the clan. I also have some PM's to respond too. Stay tuned!

14. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    all hail the new leader! long live potyondi (long may he avoid getting fragged by lucky noobs)

15. Potyondi

Potyondi Master Guru

GPU:

16. Mr_ALLroy

Mr_ALLroy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Good show on your new posting Potyondi!!! And a fellow Canadian as well. :)

Anyways, I'd love to play in a clan type setting as I've only done it once before (Ravenshield).
    I play BF2 and Americas Army. And I doubt it'll ever happen, but if we do one day have a Day of Defeat:Source division, I'll be there too.

17. Potyondi

Potyondi Master Guru

GPU:
    Thanks Mr_Allroy.

My main game is BF2 as well, so that's cool. In an hour I am going to be in the server with some other guys playing. Remember that it is patch 1.4.

Also, everyone can reply in the other sticky, for some reason no one has.

18. fajitasforme7

fajitasforme7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 7900GTX
    hey question about the server........i play a ton of bf2 but my ping tends to be around 300...will i get kicked by punkbuster or being a member of guru3d will i be able to stay?

19. Potyondi

Potyondi Master Guru

GPU:
    300? How can you even play with that? It will probably autokick, but I can look to see if there is a way to make it not kick you ;)

20. fajitasforme7

fajitasforme7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 7900GTX
    thnx and beleive me,its not as bad as people say...i still get the kills otherwise i wouldnt be where i am in bf2 today.ill prbly be the only one with that high a ping so it should huirt the server too much...try to do what you can cause im lookin forward to playing some bf2 with the other members.