HD out of PC into Panasonic LCD

Discussion in 'The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section' started by Allegiance, Jan 15, 2006.

1. Allegiance

Allegiance Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
    Hi Guys,

I have a 32inch Panasonic Viera LCD. I run a DVI-HDMI cable out of my pc, all resolutions i do (1280x720) (1920x1080) they all come out to big. I have tried the overscan option (i think this is what its called) to shrink it down. But it won't go down. Anyone else have the same trouble?

2. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout New Member

GPU:
    MSI 7900GTX 512MB PCI-E
    Try 1280x768...it's the native resolution of your Viera.

3. Allegiance

Allegiance Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
    Native resolution is 1360x768 actually. And it only lets me select standard HD resolutions.

4. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout New Member

GPU:
    MSI 7900GTX 512MB PCI-E
    Ah...you must have the TC32-LX50 probably. It's resolution is 1366x768.

You should download Powerstrip (http://www.entechtaiwan.com/) and install it. You can use it to add a 1366x768 resolution setting you will be able to use. Your Panny should then be able to work just fine with your PC.

5. Allegiance

Allegiance Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
    Its actually a TX-32LX500A :nerd: Thank you for your help!

6. YurAnus

YurAnus Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobile Radeon HD 5730
    I had the same problem with my 30in widescreen hdtv. No resolution would fit my screen perfect. I did every one. The only one that fit it were the highest. The text was so small I could not identify icons. There is no way i could have left it on that resolution. I want to play games on my tv but can't get it to work right.

7. Allegiance

Allegiance Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 4870 1GB
    Thats the exact problem i have! Tried powerstrip but it had the same problem, even on 1366x768. The only way it has correctly worked is by going VGA. But i want DVI :frown:

8. YurAnus

YurAnus Master Guru

GPU:
    my tv is rated for 480p and 1080i. I hooked it up using the three red blue and green component cable. I first put it on 1280x768 and i could read the fonts and everything good, but i could not see the whole desktop. I had to move my mouse up down side to side to see severything else. I just keept uping the resolution but everthing got so small I couldn't read it. I was pissed beocuse I bought the damn tv for this. in my desktop manager it had a sec about force hdtv resolution at 1080i so i clicked it but everything was so small i could barley click on the cancle these settings box. there has got to be something that can fix this. how do people hook up there computers to there tv and not get these stupid problems. I also used dvi to hdmi that cost me $60 and the pic was no better than the component cable that came with my card if not worse.

9. YurAnus

YurAnus Master Guru

GPU:
    hey i was looking trying to figure the prob out and i ran across this at ati.com https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894 .
    the link will not take you fully to the page so you have to type in virtual desktop in the advanced search bar on the left and then select the first choice that comes up in the results. My tv is a 480p and 1080i. find out what yours is and try the resolutions it suggest.