SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread #4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CeeJay.dk, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OrdinaryOregano

OrdinaryOregano Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    Seconded please finesharp.

2. logout20

logout20 Guest

GPU:
    Amd radeon 7470m/1Gb
    so now its a "During Game" instead of "final image" application now ????....as a beginner programmer how can i contribute in this project...

3. roguepl

roguepl Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia 760 2GB
    Hi,
    So is there like a thread with current progress on ReShade, some details (which operating systems) etc?

4. lance55

lance55 New Member

can't get sweetfx working on dolphin which is a wii emulator because lately they've been dropping DX9 and focus on DX11, since DX11 brings alot of speed up for emulation,

i've been trying sfx 1.4 , 1.5, boulotaur version, and radeon pro as well, all ended up not working, so could anyone care to take a look then? thanks

5. HiCZoK

HiCZoK Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1060 6GB G1
    I've just been playing new call of duty and WOW. The "Filmic SMaa 2tx" looks incredible. No shader aliasing, no textures aliasing. Looks like render.

Now... we still can only achieve simple smaa 1x in most in other games, right ? not even 2tx ?

6. pulse4J

pulse4J Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 780
    keep up the great work!

First of all, let me just say, that I am very grateful for your work on the shaders injected into the boulatour 2024 files... they were the only ones that worked with radeon pro on a couple computers in our household running windows 8.1. I've used sweetfx on virtually every game I've played, and that is a lot :)
    So ty, ty, ty for your work. It is much appreciated! I'm sure this will be a much cleaner and more reliable solution for 8.1.

So, just in case you need another closed beta tester, I am available. If not, no worries, I will anxiously anticipate like everyone else. :)

7. Kleio420

Kleio420 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070 SLI
    has keeping depth buffer effects un-configurable from the end user been brought up ? Idk enough to understand if that would cause more work for you in the end with compatibility but if it were possible to run it all from some type of overlay the user could access for say ssao and the depth or some setting in it was wrong for their game that they could change a value in game and reload the shader still keeping them from being able to fully access the buffer to abuse ? enb series does something like this but lot of his work is only tailored to one game.

I do not know enough to even say I understand this a little just something i thought of and i haven't seen suggested yet i check this thread every once and a while

8. K-putt

K-putt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    CeeJay already meantioned how they want to approach it.
    Was playing Rage yesterday with the new injector and i had absolutely no problems.

Little proof of concept.
    SweetFX enabled - SweetFX disabled

9. JPulowski

JPulowski Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690
    I wish we could get an ETA or something. It looks really cool. There are some OpenGL titles that I really want to play again with SweetFX. And with the new improvements possibilities are endless.

10. K-putt

K-putt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    Soon. Very soon.

11. TFL Replica

TFL Replica Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Ti
    Cool. Can't wait to try it out.

12. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    Yes as K-Putt mentioned we will probably release a public beta soon.
    We are still finding and solving issues but the most annoying issues seems to be gone - which makes it a good time to release a public beta so many more people can test it and hopefully find all the remaining bugs so they can be fixed.

Recently Crosire changed the way the framebuffer is captured.
    Previously the framebuffer format was forced to RGBA8 and then copied to a texture that the shaders would read from, but some rarely used framebuffer formats could not be copied this way and so Reshade would not work with those (from my testing it was FEAR 3, DiRT 3 and DiRT Showdown).
    It could also swap the colors in screenshots that the game itself took, if the game originally used BGRA8 (and Reshade changed it to RGBA8) then the game would not detect that the blue and red had been swapped and so colors in screenshots were a little weird.

War Thunders share on facebook feature was among the ones affected by this.
    Now however the games output is redirected into a texture we can use directly and this fixed both the color swapping problem, and it should have fixed the games that use those rarely used formats (I'm testing this later today), and it should also be slightly faster.

It will also make it easier to override the games output resolution in the future so hopefully we can let users play with super high resolutions and downscaling or the reverse (lower resolutions and upscaling) for more fps while still looking good.
    In the meantime there is GeDoSato, the downsampling method and Nvidias DSR for that.

I also used the depth buffer to enable SMAA depth edge detection and SMAA predication (which is hybrid mode that uses both the depth and color buffer for edge detection to catch as many edges as possible).
    It's currently in and works beautifully, though it won't work for the first public beta because the depth buffer will not be enabled until we can enable it safely.

We also updated SMAA to the latest 2.8+ version, which brings a few small quality improvements to SMAA. This also undoes several of my SMAA performance optimizations, but I can re-optimize the 2.8 version at a later date when I've done the more important stuff.

We are also looking at how to best grab and split the MSAA buffer into two textures so we can feed them both to SMAA and thus get SMAA S2x.

The statistics can now also output a few more stats about the scene which should help developers and modders.

13. Crosire

Crosire Member Guru

GPU:
    -
    Some tests with very basic autofocus DOF. Enjoy! =)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edit:
    Ported gp65cj04's Bokeh (check the left border on the screenshot) DOF shader (from ENB) to ReShade (blur values are cranked up for testing):
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
  14. ChrisG683

ChrisG683 Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3090
    My penis can only get so erect, stahp

But seriously, I'm drooling at the sound/text of ReShade, I can't wait to try out what you guys have done!

15. JPulowski

JPulowski Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690
    [​IMG]
    Seriously, you guys rock! I already asked a few pages back but is there a way to donate somehow? Because this project most certainly deserves it and I do want support it and show my appreciation for your personal efforts. :)

16. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    I've never tried accepting donations with paypal but lets try this :

Donate Euros (EUR) :[​IMG]

Donate US Dollars (USD) :[​IMG]

Donate Danish Kroner (DKK) :[​IMG]

SweetFX is still free and will remain so, but now you can donate as a way to say thanks.

You can also donate me games on my steam account

You can also help by making new shader effects for SweetFX and sending them to me (I'm not against working with others on this project, as long as I remain the lead) or by helping out in other ways - f.x SweetFX could use a logo and a website.

Spreading the word also helps .. I make SweetFX so people can use it, but they can't do that if they don't know about it, so reach out to your friends, forums, gaming websites, gaming magasines, youtube and twitter followers.
    That helps more than you know.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  17. Crosire

Crosire Member Guru

GPU:
    -
    Some options to donate to the ReShade project (the injector that makes all of this possible) if you wish to ...

PayPal:

[​IMG]

Steam: I'm not the kind of guy that plays a lot of games (you'll quickly notice that), but I still kindly appreciate it if donating them is your way of saying thanks.

If none of the above is yours then that's no problem at all. ReShade's as free as SweetFX. It's my try to give something awesome back to the community.
    For now it would be a really great help to simply make more people aware of it (as CeeJay already pointed out). Make some noise, grab your friends, tell your mum, show your cat (or dog)!

Had some fun porting a TiltShift shader to ReShade. Has a really great effect on some games.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  18. lowenz

lowenz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce 3060
    It sounds like a gift from heavens :D

19. conan2k

conan2k Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 780GTX
    Wow, sounds promising :)

Have you and Crosire dropped the "signed shaders" idea? It seems like a very reasonable solution IMHO.

20. JPulowski

JPulowski Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690
    I don't know much about programming but as a side note; those "touchy" parts of the coding might be also hard-coded into the libraries then encrypted. Is it possible?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.