Driver-Level Fan adjustments bugged ?

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Zenoth, May 20, 2007.

1. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    Okay, I'm working around RivaTuner 2.01 since I'm a little new to NVIDIA stuff, and now that I've figured how to fix or tweak most of my "concerns", there is one issue that remains which I cannot explain the reason why it doesn't work properly, although a simple answer might just be "because RT 2.01 isn't compatible with the drivers you've installed". Or it might be something else.

Well, it's about the Driver-Level Fan settings, you know, where you can see three sliders for fan speeds, where you see a slider for Standard 2D, Lower Power 3D and Performance 3D ? Well, whatever I change there, as soon as I apply, all of the three sliders go all the way to the left to 25% for all three of them. I try to create a profile, I try to just move one of them at a time, but then again, as soon as I click on apply all of the sliders, even those I hadn't touched go to the minimum speed possible, 25%, for some reason(s), and I don't know what it could be.

Drivers and RV 2.01 incompatibility issues perhaps ?

When I installed RV 2.01, after it created the registry for the first time use, a pop-up window appeared telling me that the current RV version was not tested with the ForceWare driver version I have installed (FW 158.22). Could it be because the tool creator(s) have yet to make it fully compatible with the latest official drivers ? Or do I need third-party drivers ?

I really want to limit the fan speeds because let me tell you guys that at 100% the noise level is so high that it gets over the sounds from my games, and I can't just turn the volume up to choke the fan noise, or else it'd perhaps just plain destroy my speakers membranes or something. It'd be much simpler if I could limit the fan speed whatever the temperature is.

Is there any ways to do so ? Am I just missing something ? Is it a known problem ?

Thanks for your time and help guys.

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

I strongly recommend you to start reading documentation and start using forum search at last. Your question is answered in

1) Context help for fan speed adjustment sliders
    2) FAQ included in the distributive
    3) It was answered in this forum at least 10 times

I answered such question from you once, doing that second time but last time, sorry. Please just waste a copule of minutes on examining context help and built-in documnentation next time. It contains a lot of "must read" info, especially for ex-ATI user.
    As the context help says, driver-level fan speed adjustment are used only for NVIDIA display adapters using integrated GPU PWM controller. Hi-end NVIDIA graphics solutions use more expensive external I2C PWM controller to control fan, which is accessible via low-level fan control tab.