Asus Hero Overclock Profile

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by 1llc1t, Sep 3, 2013.

1. 1llc1t

1llc1t Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 770 2GB
    I recently viewed the article on the Asus hero z87 MOBO as was quite amazed that you where able to achieve 4.8 Ghz. I am personal having problems overclocking above 4.6Ghz on a core i7 4770k, And would ask if it was possible to post a download link for the bios setting that you used, or if any other community member could help and post a link.

Thanks In advance.

Edit: I have managed to get my CPU stable at 4.8GHz running Intel burn test and prime 95 for around 2 hours but as soon as I play Battle Field 3 it will crash after 10 minutes or so.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  2. chinobino

chinobino Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3060Ti Gaming X
    What frequency are you running your memory at? Battlefield often reveals unstable memory overclocking.

3. 1llc1t

1llc1t Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 770 2GB
    Currently running at 2400Mhz 10-11-11-31-2n rated frequency and trimmings for the ram.
    If i adjust the timmings a bit lower might it become more stable?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  4. chinobino

chinobino Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3060Ti Gaming X
    The combination of very high CPU frequency plus high memory frequency really pushes your CPU to the limit.

To rule out the internal memory controller as being the culprit try lowering to 2200 MHz and testing in BF3, then if it still CTD lowering again to 2133 MHz etc until it is stable.

If you get to 1600 MHz and it's still not stable then it has to be your CPU frequency.

Do you have power saving features such as EIST and C1E enabled?

I would try playing BF3 with all power saving disabled to rule that out also.

5. StealBalls

StealBalls Guest

GPU:
    MSI 280x CrossFire
    Let me tell you who 'YOU' is - very few people.

4770K = about 4.4 for the majority, specially on air cooling, even very good air cooling.

By the end of this, if you manage 4.6 totally stable with controllable/healthy temps and vcore, I urge you to be VERY happy - that would be a cracking 24/7 o/c for a 4770k.

Also be sure to try offset vcore as this imo really opens up the possibility for using a little more vcore than you would normally be happy to use if you had it going through your chip constantly.

Take my own example, if I did not use offset, I would not be happy one bit with having 1.36vcore running through my chip constantly, as it is, because I am under full load only about 10-20% of the time my PC is actually switched on, I have no sweat AT ALL with my chip drawing that much vcore to achieve 4.7 under load.

truth be told, my chip will probably last longer with .08vcore-1.36vcore than it would with constant for example, 1.32vcore.

I may or may not be making sense - I know what I mean, and I know it works, while I am typing this my vcore is around the 0.8 = 0.9 mark.

My PC will be on most of the day, as per usual, it will e under game load around 1-3 hours of that time.

Offset vcore for great longness and extra strength.

6. 1llc1t

1llc1t Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 770 2GB
    Had to reinstall windows SSD didn't like the constant blue screens. I have tried every thing that was suggested and still nothing, come to the conclusion I should rather have not bought a Intel CPU when they were first released. But did manage to lower my Vcore after trying some of the things that you guys suggested . So in away i did manage to achieve some thing. Might have to make a Tec Cooler built into my water cooling loop to get 4.8.
    Thanks for the help.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2013