Watch_Dogs Best of E3 2012 Merged Mod

Discussion in 'Game Tweaks and Modifications' started by KookMaster5000, Feb 24, 2017.

1. KookMaster5000

KookMaster5000 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    This is the final version of my E3 2012 merged mod.

Special thanks to all of the following mods from other users on the Guru forums:

-DOF, light pollution and explosions by The Worse,
    -Smoke and bloom by TXGT,
    -E3 Ambrose Theater sign, E3 2012 focus and headlight lens flares by ThatGuy's Definitive Mod,
    -High quality road reflections by Essenthy,
    -Realistic bullethole decals by Marduk,
    -Relief mapping by The_Silver,
    -All of this and a lightly modified E3 2012 environment lighting preset by me, with lighting settings applied to clear and stormy weather, as well

I personally worked on and tried to get vanilla like performance, and I can say I really succeeded here. There's not a lot of fog (I personally think that's a good thing but not everyone agrees), but DOF, bloom and a bunch of other effects are all enabled here.

DOWNLOAD LINKS BELOW:

With maldo textures: (for users who have less than 3GB of vRAM on their GPU):
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BymenQGS7uhbNTNwQnA4OFFGY00

Without Maldo textures: (for users with 3 or more GB of vRAM available):

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BymenQGS7uhbS2xxQmNQakhEc0k

Thanks for checking out the thread, and enjoy the mod guys! (If there's a mod I missed when citing other users, feel free to include it below as well).

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  2. HeySlickThatsMe

HeySlickThatsMe Master Guru

GPU:
    No Record
    Nice! ill try it later

3. KookMaster5000

KookMaster5000 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    Hey, just a short update on the mod. It came to my attention that it gets pretty bright near windows in parking garages, to the point where it gets a bit too bright, and becomes a little hard to see. I made an update to the mods, and uploaded them in place of the old ones on Google (the links are changed at the top of the thread as well, no worries.)

I simply took out TXGT bloom and replaced it with retail as it was a bit too bright in these areas.

Everywhere else remains mostly unaffected, so if you download it it shouldn't impact any other scenes. It's mostly just too bright during the daytime (in parking garages near windows). Other interiors also largely remain the same.

If you miss the old bloom, the file for it can be found in TXGT's "Variety Pack". I mainly just removed it to improve this issue a little. If anyone knows what lighting files control parking garages, I may go back in and edit it later. For now though, the files found at the top of the thread are going to be final.

Thanks again for downloading guys, I'd like to hear from you all when you get the chance to try the mod!

4. KookMaster5000

KookMaster5000 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    Also, I've looked into other interiors and I'm thinking I'm gonna make an updated version just to dim some down during the daytime. Stay tuned cause I might have that come out later this weekend.

5. 6135

6135 Member

GPU:
    GPU
    screenshots ?

6. KookMaster5000

KookMaster5000 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    Yeah, I'll update it with a link to another video as soon as I fix the interior lighting issue.

7. KookMaster5000

KookMaster5000 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    I'm almost done. I simply just have to modify a thing with storms, as when I was updating the exposure I messed up stormy lighting. I'll come back soon with a finished version.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  8. KookMaster5000

KookMaster5000 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SC
    Hey guys, I fixed the issues with the mod. You should all be able to download and play normally now. Thanks for being patient guys!