Nvidia Geforce Drivers Version WHQL 344.48 Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Spenty, Oct 22, 2014.

1. EL1TE

EL1TE Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    Same here, but in FF14 its when i play at 1440p it is above 80% usage average 90%, at 1080p i get 40% average usage on both GPU and CPU, if i set to max performance power mode on nV CP it jumps to 90%+ but the framerate is the same.

Battlefield 4 plays fine on Ultra with 4XMSAA always 60FPS, or no AA and res set to 150%, sometimes goes to 50 FPS but thats it.

Of course it's not, it's pretty easy to realize when your old GPU performs better, but just in case checking CPU usage to make sure, 40% in my case, same for GPU on Final Fantasy XIV and fps is worse than a 570.

Now, there's either a whole lot of defective GPUs (which can include bad BIOS that were release with the GPU, however updating my Gigabyte 970 BIOS didn't solve anything) or the drivers are pretty bad, then there's a chance it might be the BIOS of some Motherboards.

2. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I'm pretty sure that SW:TOR performs, at times, >3x worse. This kind of performance is not something that I would except to see...

3. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    See about getting a 980, I've had no FPS issues in any game.

I play the same ones you do

GW2
    FFXIV: ARR etc.

The only issue is Archeage but tons of people having issues with it crashing to desktop.

4. GoldenTiger

GoldenTiger Master Guru

Archeage and Elder Scrolls Online both benefit hugely from GPU oc. Maybe you aren't using high enough resolutions or demanding enough settings to see scaling?

5. EL1TE

EL1TE Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    What for? So i bought a 970 and a 570 runs those at the same FPS or better, explain me what's the point of upgrading? I'm gonna spend 600€ on a GPU for enthusiasts when the High End runs terrible and they are both Maxwell? :puke2:

That logic doesn't make any sense to me.

It's like i need to upgrade to an enthusiast GPU from a 3 generations behind High end to see a difference, i'm sorry but that must be a joke, no offense.

Assassins Creed Unity is coming, a new driver will come for sure, i'll see what happens, if it remains the same performance, insta RMA for me, and ill get a 290X instead which is even cheaper.

I remember when i had a X1950 and a 4690 and never had problems with them, the drivers were very rare and they were like 1 per month which was what made me come back to nVIDIA due to more drivers to choose from if one of them had issues with what i was used to play the most.

It IS a problem with the drivers OR an issue with the chipset, in which case it seems the majority of the 970 has issues.

Maybe even the 980 has the same problem, it's just that the card performs better overall people don't even notice since most play at cap 60FPS from VSync or in-game FPS cap. :)

I can't play on max settings, i have to lower them to get 60FPS and the yeven go as low as 40, i play at 1440p DSR. I said this before and in this page again.

I'm still trying to understand your point.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2014
  6. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    Everyone has fps issues in gw2. No machine can do 60fps on highest settings if there is more than.. a couple dozen or so people around. It´s the engine nothing to do with your hardware. Thats why your cpu/gpu is only used 60% max in this game.

7. GoldenTiger

GoldenTiger Master Guru

My point is you can't make a blanket statement that a random genre of game "sucks" on a video card model. That's the same thing as me randomly claiming "Radeon sucks for FPS games!", it's just silly ;).

8. EL1TE

EL1TE Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 SH X 2.1GHz
    GW2 has always been a mess, and each feature patch it gets worse. I've quit the game for good this time, tired of doing the same for 2 years, still i've tested the card, and while i do get more stable 60FPS it's still far from being stable 60FPS.

However in Final Fantasy XIV, lowering the graphics settings helps, meaning it's GPU-wise where the problem comes from, exact same settings as the old 570, same framerate, amazing :)

There's more people complaining about the same, and they also said a 660 and a 7850 performs better, so the only answer to this is bad drivers.

I never said it sucks, i said the 570 performs the same or better then i explained it has nothing to do with the CPU like people love to blame the CPu, people also said a 7850 and a 660 also performs better on the exact same game, is there's anything that, as you say, "sucks", are the drivers. :)

9. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    And is still freezing for up to 30 seconds and then driver crashes and recovers.

I can't tank raids anymore because of this.

10. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I tweaked BIOS to fix that. xD IMO their power saving feature is flawed.

11. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    If you fixed it, then can you please tell us how instead of making ambiguous statements.

Oh and no surprise there is no SLI profile for the new CoD but that's par for the course where Nvidia is concerned these days.

12. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    You should read other threads too... This is not exactly a secret.
    [​IMG]

13. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    For the new owners of the maxwell GTX 970 or 980 any kind of issues they might be having is due to the new architecture and of course the drivers.
    Obviously the drivers need to mature for the maxwell gpus to iron out all the bugs they might be having.
    I am sure slowly with each new driver release, owners of the GTX 970 and 980 will start seeing more bug fixes and performance improvements,
    same as all previous gen GPUs using a different architecture for the first time.
    If you think about it this is only the 2rd driver released for the new Maxwell 900 series of GPUs if you exclude the Geforce 344.16 which was a basically a quick hotfix.

14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Well Im very happy with my 780GTX @ 1100mhz factory boost atm, finally all problems went away, all serious ones..

Also flashplayer stalling is a 32bit Firefox issue, 64bit Firefox doesnt have that.

15. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC

16. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Offtopic but it seems to me that something happened in the NVIDIA Driver division, drivers started to become rare, though game ready driver are mostly on time, some people have weird issue more than before... idk something going on there.

Though i don't have any issue but i still think the devil is hiding behind the driver :D

17. lowenz

lowenz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce 3060
    You're right, it's an old name today (as "Detonator" was :D)

"GeForce Game Ready Drivers"! (lol)

18. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    Nice to hear that your Problems with your GTX 780 have been fixed, i can't really say that i am having any problems with my GTX 770 although i don't play games very often,
    but when i do they run just fine.
    A bit of topic but can you tell me which 64bit browser you are using as sometimes rarely i do get a flashplayer has stopped responding in Firefox..

19. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    what do you want more power with less cudacores?

20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Thanks,

Im using this
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4947744&postcount=180