MSI AfterBurner 4.3.0 Beta 14 Available For the Public

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    This is the new public BETA release of MSI AfterBurner 4.3.0 (Beta 14). Over the past few weeks we have made tremendous effort to get a lot of features enabled for this now DirectX 12 compatible build. All recently released graphics cards are supported. This entails the entire Nvidia GeForce GTX Series 10 including Nvidia Titan X (Pascal) and for AMD the Radeon RX series 480, 470 and 460. Not just that, we have also updated RTSS, our statistics server that enables the overlay with MSI AfterBurner, yes we now offer DirectX 12 overlay support (albeit this build again is in BETA stages and should be treated as such).

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/download-msi-afterburner-4-3-beta-14.html

Unwinder has been HARD at work on this one, how about giving him a thumbs up you guys ?

2. realmadrid

realmadrid Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1050 TI MSI OC
    thank you i test it now :)

BF1 work great lol cpu usage 100% on menu

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
  3. elbubi

elbubi Member Guru

GPU:
    MSi RTX 3070Ti
    Thanks as always for your dedication!

4. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    how turn on OSD on dx12 games?

5. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    It works the same as it did before with Dx11.
    Did you enable OSD in monitoring tab?

Make sure there no 3rd party overlay's enabled too.

6. bobmitch

bobmitch Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 4070 TI OC
    Compliments to Unwinder. At a time when most game makers release very flawed games...Afterburner shines high above with a beta that has been so well tested that it is as close to final release as any piece of software could be. Great work...and a bit Thank You!

7. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    yes it woked later
    [​IMG]

8. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

If it is BF1 with Origin overlay enabled, then RTSS OSD is shown with 15 second delay after start due to delayed injection engine. That's not anyway different to DX11 OSD.

9. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Little tip, if you enable framerate in OSD you can see what rendering mode your using easy.
    Dx11 xxxfps
    Dx12 xxxfps

10. BananaRepublik

BananaRepublik Member Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 2080ti
    Thank you Unwinder for all your hard work! It's great to be able to monitor DX12 now and it works really well!

11. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Awesome! :D

12. pstlouis

pstlouis Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Aorus Xt
    Work perfectly well no issues. Great job Awesome :thumbup:

13. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 64
    when i try and take screenshot bf1 crashes! Any ideas guys? But overlay seems to work great! even in the game lobby lol

Edit: my bad it may have been stupid playstv making it crash!:3eyes: Works great now lol:banana:

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
  14. DeadMan3000

DeadMan3000 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Non-OC
    Where do I report bugs? I have a dangerous voltage control issue with RX 480 using beta 14. Even a reset in Afterburner sets the voltage out of spec to dangerous extremes. I only discovered this after opening Sapphire Trixx latest only to see the voltage was set in the thousands of mV!

15. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

That's a readout bug in TRIXX and w1zzard knows about it. Current version of TRIXX is unable to read programmed SMC voltage offset when it is altered from a third party applucation and actually displays random value as voltage (in fact last polled GPU power draw is displayed as voltage in TRIXX)

16. XcroN

XcroN Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti Aorus xtreme
    Works well here and the D3D12 Overlay works very good thanks for this epic update :)

17. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 64
    working perfect..... thanks. Any plans for Vulkan? Also i guess stupid windows store games (UWP) will maybe never get support? Reading your comments before, didn't seem to totally rule it out for one day.

18. justaproblem

justaproblem Guest

GPU:
    idk
    Huge thanks for "Added “Erase autosaved startup settings” option to “AMD compatibility properties” section". Every time I turned off PC without removing OC I had to use DDU to get into Windows.

19. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310

From my understanding of the Windows 10 apps / UWP then it sort-of runs in it's own little virtualized environment and by default it also blocks permissions for the user (Even if it's a admin account.) to access the apps files and folders.
    (Though this can be worked around in a few ways.)

I have seen a variety of trainers and Cheat-Engine scripts for games like Quantum Break however so it must be possible to inject into them though perhaps it's not easy or maybe they use the D3D API in some alternate way making it difficult to get overlay support and such functional.

Actually haven't tried yet with Quantum Break and 4.3.0 b14 but I'd imagine it won't be able to hook to it.

20. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    the vram usage problem is still there

[​IMG]