Cliff Bleszinski Working On Arena FPS Game For PC....

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by CPC_RedDawn, Dec 12, 2013.

1. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    http://www.vg247.com/2013/12/11/gears-of-war-creator-keen-on-arena-shooter-for-pc/

Maybe this is what we have been waiting for... but who wants to bet that it takes less than 6 months of release for it to get dumbed down for consoles. I actually wouldn't mind if they make it right. Allow mods, dedi servers, it has to be able to scale well for all types of hardware and it has to have at least 60fps locked. Don't care about graphics, but god please don't be on ANY form of the Unreal Engine. I hope, cause he is no longer with Epic that we see a new engine made for this game.

2. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I ficks!

Xbone exclusive im betting.

ALso, i feel as though Cliffy B is himself apart of this 'Old Guard' he refers to and of which includes John Carmack and the 'old boys' at Id software.

As much as id like to see this sort of gaming make a return, I think these guys and maybe even us pc gamers, need to just let it go.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  3. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I also bet it will make its way to consoles after release on the PC. But something tells me this is going to be a "free to play" game :( Hope it won't be pay to win like most of them are, that is if it is F2P.

I reckon he will shop the idea around to publishers and eventually end up giving in as most will want him to aim for the console market.

4. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    For me its like this:

Quake 3 Arena
    CS 1.5/source
    UT1
    DOD
    RTCW ET

Take the above and give them an HD make over - It wont sell.
    Theres no instant gratification for the gamers of today to sink their teeth into.

5. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    Do you see it Timmy? All the empty servers we will have for ourselves? Yes Timmy, we can bunny hop in an arena over and over and over and over until we go back to playing BF once again!

6. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Big talk, nothing more.

7. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Remake UT2k4 but dont touch gameplay. Just make it pretty and it will sell.

8. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    "A lot of these kids playing Call of Duty, I don’t think they know what a proper arena shooter is,"

Gears of War is almost just as guilty for popularizing cover-based whac-a-mole shooters.

9. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    No unlocks please.

10. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Agreed 100%.

Lots of those franchises have bastardized the FPS genre and have simply been rehashing the same bs over and over.. COD being the worst of the bunch.

I'd love nothing more than to see a new modern take on a fast paced Arena shooter.. I seriously miss playing games like this as UT was the single greatest FPS Arena series of all time IMO.. I've not spent any more hours in a game then in UT.. I practically played this all through my twenties for hours and hours a week.. met lots of great people too!

11. MM10X

MM10X Guest

GPU:
    3080 FE
    I love arena games. But nobody plays them anymore.

Most of the few servers that are up are empty most of the time or full of a few hardcore regulars.

There are no beginners anymore. No skill diversity. Its just frustrating to try to get into one. The new iteration of nexuiz, even before THQ shut down the servers were empty... nobody playing.

if he can find a way to make a proper deathmatch arena popular ... I'm in.

12. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    hmmm, curious, but not expecting much.