GeForce GTX 690 arrives in the Guru3D lab ...

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, May 1, 2012.

1. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Funny because I've never had any problems when I was running SLI cards in the past.

2. erm

erm Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 1GB
    Hey Hilbert, how I hate you :D ! where you put all nice hardware that you receive for your reviews ? give something to me :):banana: !

3. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Wonder how much the packaging and fancy shroud added to the cost, frankly I don't care what it comes in or what it looks like as long as it performs. Bet the fancy packaging and shroud finish added atleast $100 to the final price.

TBH I think the 7990 will be a more realistic package but time will tell.

4. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    No it isnt,

I remember my 9800gx2.... Ouch
    Double ouch i remember my mates 590.....

Hope this one is better supported !!

5. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    2gb per card plays everything...2x2 gives the speed to run everything smooth...the only and valuable truth

6. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I think they will have some decent oc room,the card is expensive regarding its design and performance(so to speak)you can always whack the card under water,thing is card is so nice looking it makes me think twice about banging an EK,Koolance or Aqua etc on it,ill enjoy the looks for a bit then its going under water as i have all my wc gear ready, just need the blocks(s) Cough*Koolance*Cough,this baby will be getting a triple rad all to itself,just need that review!

7. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    I have no such problems

Agreed. The card looks too good to slap a waterblock on it first thing. Id wait a couple months before doing it, but thats just me

Last edited: May 1, 2012
  8. Enizax

Enizax Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 TUF OC
    so THAT'S what the crowbar was for!

9. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    The 295 is a good card,one of the best alltime gpus to come out of the 3dfx/nvidia camp in my opinion...All Time Hall of fame along with the 8800gtx and Voodoo 2

10. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Packaging seems a bit gimmicky to me, I don't like it.

However, the card is pure tech pron!

11. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yeah ill probably be waiting a bit myself,i mean come on,2x680s(true) with a state of the art air cooler that looks the bollocks,gonna be hard to prize it apart.Once the dust settles it will be about performance as its always been.

Once the GK110(685/780 or whatever) release comes closer it will be time to squeeze all that you can out of the 690(s).

Last edited: May 1, 2012
  12. snowdweller

snowdweller Guest

GPU:
    Leadtek GTX 580 SLI
    Nothing but scathing comments.

SLI's bad, price is bad, drivers are bad and what's with the 4gig comments STILL?!

It's not even out yet?

Like I said before the only people buying this will be people who know alot about computers or someone with money to burn. I'd like to say I'm more of the first but it seems the latter is how I end up. Yes it is $1000 but it probably cost them not even $300 to make, its a business and they want profit, people buying it will not be thinking this is too expensive, only the people that don't have the money.

I'll be getting one if Guru or someone can show me that its on par (or better) performance wise with my 580SLI or at least the temps or min frames are better (which I'm assuming it will be)

And what does this mean?

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2012
  13. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    If i had 2x580's in sli i wouldnt even consider buying this gpu but thats just me,id wait for atleast the real GK110 for a worthwhile upgrade and even then i might skip it.

14. snowdweller

snowdweller Guest

GPU:
    Leadtek GTX 580 SLI
    Thanks Hallryu :D

Well in BF3 im dropping below 60 I've noticed recently but I've also recently updated from 296.xx to 301.24? and since then in big explosions and heaps of fog dropped to high 30s which is eye gouging :( I just want min of 60 nothing higher is that too much to ask lol.

And no I don't want to lower my settings. Max or nothing. 690 SLI?

15. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Well BF3 is not very CPU dependant, it's all on the graphics hardware. Im surprised your 580 SLI is not cutting it for you. That's still a killer setup. 690 SLI or 4x 680's give or take a few % is going beyond your requirements isn't it. Also the expense is going to be huge :D

16. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    your bringing up a 2005 or 06 9800gx2? sli was in its infancy then. whats wrong with your mates 590, its just 2 underclocked 580`s on a stick, and my 580`s perform near flawless

17. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

I find myself agreeing with this.

18. Illnino

Illnino Guest

GPU:
    XFX 290x EK H20
    I wouldnt say its "not" very CPU dependant, using all cores/threads usage is in the 90's %

19. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    whats your cpu speed?

20. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    I've seen reviews with quad and dual cores going head to head and achieving similar results with BF3. However, we are straying OT. :D