How much do you think these upgrades would up my score?

Discussion in 'Benchmark Mayhem' started by Crucible, Nov 15, 2004.

1. Crucible

Crucible Guest

GPU:
    Asus Tuf 4090 OC
    Well, some would be as simple as overclocking. I have an ATI X800 pro, athlon xp 3000+, 1 GB DDR 333 memory. Now for 3dmark05 I get 4522 now. I checked and found out that is actually normal. I also noticed that overclocking could easily take it up to 5100 or so. That would be using retail fans and heatsinks so not much would be done. I also saw a ton of people with just faster CPUs getting around 7000. Is that all I really need then? Should I just get like an athlon 64 3800 or something?

Also, if I bought a geforce fx 6800 GT would I see an increase?

The x800 I bought yesterday raised my aquamark score from 38.7k to 45k. Shouldn't it be higher than that?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2004
  2. SVT Amateur

SVT Amateur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS x850 XT PE VIVO PCI-Express
    Lol, I told you your 3DMark05 Scores were normal. Overclocking will greatly increase your score. Remember, I said when I first got my x800 XT I was getting around 5600, but after tweaking (figuring out which options to enable and disable, like enabling A.I. advance and geometry instancing) and major overclocking I went to my new score of 6318 (a difference of around 700). That means if your card can overclock well you should see a much better benchmark and performance. With the 6800GT question, I can't help with that. :D