2500k OC Settings

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by Corbus, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    Hello,if there are people that still have a 2500k, could you kindly share your OC settings? (or if you had and remember what oc settings you used).

Voltage,multiplier ,temps. Do you use fixed or offset or have power saving settings on? Have you fiddled with bclk ? etc. Share what you consider important.

Thanks! :)

2. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    the secret ingredient is load line calibration, or whatever asrock call it.
    set it to max.
    disable boost and all power saving.

3. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    Yea thanks for that:) but i wanted to see others settings ,i know how to overclock it, its currently at 4.7 but i think i have too much voltage , offset is 0.065v , wanted to see what others have so i can start from there and not have to enter bios everytime, i know it differs from chip to chip but its a start.

Maybe i'll even lower the overclock , its getting hot in prime , like 75 degrees after 30 minutes or so. I need to apply new paste on the cpu since i haven't changed it since 2011. But im too lazy lately lol.

4. gavros777

gavros777 Member

GPU:
    560 gtx
    i recently upgrade to an i7 3770k and was blown away to see my cpu load never exceeding 65%! At games like gta4 my cpu load was reaching 95%!

My i5 2500k was oc to 4.8 with offset voltage reaching 1.39 at prime95. I have an asus motherboard llc ultra high the options below that at extreme and 350,power to cpu 120%, c1 enabled c3 c6 states disabled, ram profile xmp, everything else was left on auto.

5. Cry

Cry Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080TI SeaHawk
    Sorry if I'm wrong but... If you have HT enabled on your i7 3770k then games like GTA won't go above 66% load because the engine doesn't make use of HT.