Looking for free movie editing software

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by Disciple-NZ, Aug 7, 2006.

1. Disciple-NZ

Disciple-NZ Member

GPU:
    GF 6200SE Turbocache
    Hello there guru's.. I am not an avid movie editor, nor do I plan to be in the near future. But I do have a decent camera and a newborn, so i want to make some small edits - like taking long movies off the camera and taking parts out etc.

I have tried the Ulead free trial version and found it a bit daunting to figure out. i couldn't quite get the hang of it, so I was wondering if any of you had some good suggestions for me. User friendly and simple is what I need.

Any siggestions on good ones?

Thanks

2. Infested Nexus

Infested Nexus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™ HD 8850M
    Possibly the most straight forward and simple program would be Windows Movie Maker, not too many options but very easy to use.

Another option would be Free DV, which offers more options but also may be more difficult to use.

3. Watcher

Watcher Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX6700 XT
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2006
  4. Billabong

Billabong Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 9800GTX
    Hey Hey Disciple-NZ, good to see another kiwi on here and welcome to Guru3D.
    Moviemaker is OK if you just want basic editing, it's fairly simple to use. I haven't tried the others as suggested, so can't comment, but always worth a look.

5. Morpheous416

Morpheous416 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Super OC 12GB
    If you're already using Nero, Nero Recode and Nero Express work good as well.