Installed Afterburner 4.1.1 now Windows wont boot

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Preturnatul, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Preturnatul

Preturnatul Guest

GPU:
    MSI r9 290
    I have a MSI R9 290 GPU

I installed the latest Afterburner software, v4.1.1 a couple days ago... and now my computer won't boot. I can only get into SafeMode.

It will complete POST, and then I can hear the sound of the password screen opening, but it doesnt show up. Instead I get a error message popup from my Display (Vizio e series 55" flatscreen) that says: Not Support!

I can only boot into safemode, and I have all kind of graphics artifacts goign on in safemode- but I assume I am running my Integrated Graphics, so I dont think my graphics card is bad. It seems to me that the new Afterburner set some settings in my driver that my TV display doesnt support... I dunno, resolution or refresh rate.

I have also been playing around with settings in Catalyst Control Center recently dont know if these could have hurt my system, because my screen did start flashing black occasionally. When I installed the new Afterburner, my screen starting flashing black every couple seconds, and I had to just press the power button and reboot.... and that is when it would not boot and I got the Not Support! message from my display.

Can someone help me, I tried uninstalling Afterburner and that didnt fix the problem. Can I uninstall Catalyst Control Center and see if that fixes it? I have already set my settings in CCC back to default.

2. Brama

Brama Guest

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080ti
    Try to use DDU in safe mode to remove completely any part of Catalyst, having removed before the AB package.
    Disable in BIOS the internal GPU, if any and reinstall Catalyst.