MSI Afterburner - "auto" fan speed changes to manual

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by TheRedMandrake, Jul 7, 2015.

1. TheRedMandrake

TheRedMandrake Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970
    Hello everyone,

I got a little problem with MSI Afterburner. I hope some of you can help me. I use MSI Afterburner mainly to set the speed of my GPU fans.

The problem is that sometimes the "auto" setting (under "Fan Speed") decides to disabled itself, whitout me doing anything. If I don't notice it, my GPU temperature increases a lot while gaming. The problem seems to happen often after the computer went on sleep.

Do you know what is causing this problem ? How can I resolve it ?

I'm using Afterburner 4.1.1 (latest). CCC is installed, but it doesn't launch at boot.

I hope you can help. Thank you.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  2. ivanosky

ivanosky Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3060
    Same problem

Hi, I'm having the same problem. Fan control resets to manual on every Windows boot. Happened on my old Gainward GTX 680 4GB and on my new EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0+. Hope Unwinder sees this and fixes it.

3. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Got the profile saved and set to startup with Windows ?

[​IMG]

4. ivanosky

ivanosky Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3060
    No, I'll try that when I get home. Although I never had to do that on previous versions. Maybe that changed in this version, I'll have to read the changelog.

5. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Yes, as Extraordinary posted you need to have "apply at windows startup" enabled and in properties have "start with windows " checked off along with a profile made .
    AB needs to be running for fan profile to work .

6. TheRedMandrake

TheRedMandrake Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970
    Thank you for your answers Extraordinary and ivanosky,

I had "start with windows" cheked off in propreties, but "apply overckocking at windows startup" wasn't enabled. It seems pretty obvious now that I have the answer !

I let you know if that doesn't solve the problem, but I think it's alright. Thank you again.

7. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC