No OSD when playing Crysis 3

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by shadzovgra, Mar 16, 2015.

1. shadzovgra

shadzovgra Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 295x2 8Gb
    So I still play crysis 3 on 64 bit Windows 7 and 8.1. I notice I can't get MSI Afterburner show OSD when playing the game on either operating system. It was doing the same for Crysis 2, until I downloaded Process Tamer and kicked the program into realtime. But that doesn't work for Crysis 3. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

2. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    Disable Origin Overlay...

3. shadzovgra

shadzovgra Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 295x2 8Gb
    Hey there Andy, thanks for your reply, but I don't use Origin. I can only assume it has something to do with the latest ATI drivers. But I'll keep posting questions and researching the subject till I find an answer.

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    What version of Afterburner? 4.1.0 is latest

And you can add games / change settings in RTSS for individual games

5. shadzovgra

shadzovgra Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 295x2 8Gb
    Hey Extraordinary. Yeah I'm using 4.1.0. But now I feel like a real idiot. I thought the settings pane on the left of RTSS was for disabling the OSD for some applications. I've never used it for adding an application to achieve OSD. I've set it up now and will try the game tomorrow. If it works, then a huge thanks from you and a kick up the butt for myself. Now please excuse me while I slink away in shame...

6. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
  7. shadzovgra

shadzovgra Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 295x2 8Gb
    Agreed...But with cherries on top and smilies, so I feel a little better.

8. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    There you go

[​IMG]

9. shadzovgra

shadzovgra Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 295x2 8Gb
    Oh God, what have I started. LOL!!! That is so cool. Thank you. Now I feel soooooo much better.

10. shadzovgra

shadzovgra Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 295x2 8Gb
    How do you find the Crosshair V formula board?. I was thinking of upgrading to one from my Sabertooth. But thanks to the Australian doller taking a plunge, the price has gone through the roof. Be nice to hear what you think off it before I take the plunge.

11. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Good board, but I wouldn't advise buying one now, drivers are starting to lack for it, ASUS drops support faster than a prozzy drops her pants

Already having to rely on MS generic drivers for LAN, or messing about hacky installs for different adapters drivers

12. shadzovgra

shadzovgra Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 295x2 8Gb
    And now for another stupid question. I've learned I can use RTSS to add applications for OSD, but how do I use it to remove OSD from displaying itself in the Cyberfox browser? I know I'm going to kick myself again for asking that, but still, it will be worth it.

13. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    If the executable isn't in the list then add it and set the detection level to off

14. shadzovgra

shadzovgra Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 295x2 8Gb
    Bummer. I'm so getting so damned frustrated with Companies developing some amazing hardware, then letting everyone down with stuffed sotware support. Still, thanks for letting me know. Maybe they'll do something decent with there next driver release for it.

15. shadzovgra

shadzovgra Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 295x2 8Gb
    Thanks you. You're the man. Wish I had asked you in the first place. Would have saved me a heap of frustration. Have a good one.

16. shadzovgra

shadzovgra Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 295x2 8Gb
    OK, Now you've got me started. I read that there was support for changing the background color on the LCD of G19s keyboards. If this is true, how is it achieved? The article stated that this option was for power users, which I'm obviously not and is why I pose the question.