Screen Capture Issue

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by wheneva14, Sep 22, 2016.

1. wheneva14

wheneva14 Guest

GPU:
    980ti
    Hello,

my screen capture function was working a few weeks ago, but recently i notice it does not create the screen shot file. When i press the screen capture key, i hear the normal screen capture tone, and i see "Screen Captured" pop up on the Afterburner Monitoring window, but there is no file.

I tried switching the saving location to varies of location, it did not help, could someone help me resolve this issue

thanks

2. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    Try this:

3. wheneva14

wheneva14 Guest

GPU:
    980ti
    Oh wow, it worked like a charm. Much thanks .
    Just out of curiosity , i dont use OSD in games at all, will it be better if i just set detection level to NONE for global? Or RTSS has other uses besides OSD.

And why did that fix fixed it?

4. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    RTSS is for monitoring, OSD, video recording and screencapture.

If you set an option within MSI-AB which imply the use of RTSS, it is started.

Why did it fix it:
    RTSS will hook into the first application it detects.
    If there is an application it is already hooked to, it won't hook your game. That's why

Only if it doesn't detect any application it will do screen capture and video recording of the desktop.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016

5. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

That's not entirely correct. RTSS doesn't hook the first application it detects, you may run multiple 3D applications simultaneously and see that all of them are being hooked and RTSS easily captures video/screenshots from all simultaneously running 3D applications.
    However, desktop capture is indeed possible only when there are no any 3D applications running.

6. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    Thanks for correcting, appreciated.