200$ 26 inch hdtv

Discussion in 'The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section' started by chiman2, Jun 8, 2008.

1. chiman2

chiman2 Member

ok so heres the deal. Im at my local walmart buying groceries and stuff and an employee says would you like to look at these discounted hdtv's. So i do and i ask why are they so cheap. She says walmart is selling older models at cheap prices for newer models. They have like 4 of these rca 26 inch hdtvs for 200 dollars. retail is 400. they are 720p. i also saw some 19 inch emersons that were 140 bucks. i wanted to get the rca 26 inch but im not sure becuase i wanted to use it as a tv monitor too but after consulting my friend he says that, that resolution on a monitor that big will make everything look big. what do yo guys think about it. should i get it or no. i will use it to also play dvds. i mainly play counter strike source. so will the small resolution affect my games that much. i didnt get a clear look on all of them. so im going to walmart again tomorow to get specific details. so any comments or suggestions about what i should do would be appreciated.

btw sorry for the long post:nerd:

first post:banana:

2. proFits

proFits Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    it's not an ''incredible price'' but you know if you WANT to pay that much for that, the price seems spot on

Tho I don't like RCA tv (haven't listen or bought or suggested one in a long while)

LCD should be the way to go from now on

3. chiman2

chiman2 Member

how do you think it would work as a monitor.