DirectX 9.0c Build 2142

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by moon-unit, Jun 4, 2004.

1. moon-unit

moon-unit Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GeForce 6800GT
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2004
  2. moon-unit

moon-unit Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GeForce 6800GT
    Its results time.......

3D Mark03 is 5915 - same as v.2138 & 2126.

still seeing an improvement in general texture quality. not tested FarCry yet.

anyone else found anything new/different in this set - there are more files than either previous release.

thanks.

3. What beta version was it before for DX?

I did download the previous DX from these pages but im not sure what version that is and if this is newer.

When i look in DXDIAG it says:

4.09 .0000.0904

When you use the Installall.bat (in safe mode i guess), do i need to use a .reg file again to change the version no again like last time?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2004
  4. moon-unit

moon-unit Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GeForce 6800GT
    the .reg fix will remain in place from the last time you installed this.

the previous versions were all DX9.0c but were from previous builds.

ie: builds 2126 & 2138.

This is the latest build of DX9.0c from the very latest SP2 available to Beta testers.

Yes its newer than anything else you would have installed previously and yes you do still need to be in safe mode.

have fun. :D

5. Thanks for your answer! Sorted. ;)

6. ntfx

ntfx Guest

absolute blinder thanks, anyone noticed any performance boosts? i cant see there being a great improvement to be honest.

7. moon-unit

moon-unit Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GeForce 6800GT
    FarCry is seems to be better than ever - not in terms of FPS but in terms of clarity and smoothness.

benches are roughly the same as build 2138 for me - slighly up on build 2126.

I have'nt got a copy of Halo to hand so cant bench that sadly.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

People seem to forget that DX has an awful lot to do with there audio output as well - I have to say that my sound quality is leaps and bounds ahead of DX9.0b - I mean a serious improvement in 5.1 positioning and background "ambient" noises.

This release has more files than before - many of which are audio files.

8. ntfx

ntfx Guest

i was just thinking, on that newspost theres a K7 amd chip driver download, would this work for my duron applebred? not sure mate...

9. Just had a 20 min go on Halo and it look about the same and frame rate in parts of the game i know very well (for fps) are the same.

Just a few bug fixes i guess.

10. moon-unit

moon-unit Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GeForce 6800GT
    no idea - suck it and see..............

EDIT: some comments on the audio output from users would be wicked - my system sounds like I just bought some new hardware - lol.

11. ntfx

ntfx Guest

not often we get a thread where only UK people are posting is it ?!

12. moon-unit

moon-unit Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GeForce 6800GT
    LOL, man your so right. Just noticed that myself.

guess I should say hello then m8 :)

any news on your sound quality chaps??????

13. ntfx

ntfx Guest

Just installed, sound quality has gone up a great deal, just tried playing vice city, a few laggy areas are now smooth as **** man.

Graphics look a lot sharper as my geforce fx 5200 can be.

Then again i dont know how reliable my testing can be due to my **** arse graphic card but i have noticed great improvements. Even listening to sound in winamp.

You can hear a few extra sounds that i didnt know where there before in vice city and tracks.

Thanks man much appreciated. And hello mate!

14. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i also installed 9c and had no problem with games i also noticed the mouse smoothness in windows and games.

15. Sycuss

Sycuss Guest

Can any of you guys post up a link that will work with netscape or modzilla because this one is not working.

I can't use internet explorer so don't ask that k.

16. moon-unit

moon-unit Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY GeForce 6800GT
  17. Sycuss

Sycuss Guest

PLEASE

Thanks
    BUT i couldn't find the newer version on this website
    I know the newer ones are much better.

(EDIT) Please I really do want to use it...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2004
  18. Beren-OneHand

Beren-OneHand Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580
    whats up with that 2kb .rar file that it says is dx9.0c?

19. Listen. I have had problems with Direct X so be warned.

I have tried both beta's with DX in and i have had a lot more connection problems after installing it. Even in safe mode. I know what im doing here. I made sure ALL files had been copied over and copied over well.

I started having quiet a bit more lag and connection problems screens on online games even when i was in a good room!

Then when i installed this latest version of DX it got worse! I would find a room with a ping of say 30-70 and ride it out for a while but it was just bad always pretty much.

I did a roll back to 9.0b and then reinstalled as well just in case and I dont have one issue with lag in games now.

It was worth trying a beta out casue if you dont try u will never know for sure. But i will not be trying another DX beta again until it is official beta! ;) :D

20. ntfx

ntfx Guest

where? havent seen a 2kb file, if your using a download manager or just saved as the file then it will **** up.

theres anti leach on that site fella.