Choppy sound

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by anticupidon, Mar 22, 2015.

1. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Hello gents!
    I will try to explain what problem i have.
    I installed the Catalyst Omega driver some while ago,wasn't pleased with flickering in Skyrim,decided to uninstall it and go back to previous Catalyst.
    But i waited until i upgraded my monitor to a Dell U2414H,which is connected to my HD 5850 via a DisplayPort cable.

But before anything,sound started to be choppy while listening to music and videos and playing.

Un installed the VIA vynil drivers,updated to the latest version from VIA.Still choppy.
    Uninstalled the Catalyst driver,with DDU.
    Re installed older version ,still choppy.
    But the same driver with older monitor wasn't give any problems whatsoever.

Sorry if i confuse you,but i am a bit lost.
    Checked the latency,all good.
    Any hints?

2. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    i think i might have a clue.
    Catalyst HMDI Audio Driver and AMD DP Output are somehow guilty.
    After un installed all audio drivers from above mentioned packages,sound reverted to normal.
    Now,after installing the latest 15.3 Catalyst Beta,sound is ok,just 99% ok,there are sometimes,very seldom when sound pops or skips,but you really have to listen ,wait for it and will happen one time or two in one hour.

I think i solved my own problem,hope that helps anothers

I think i must upgrade my sound hardware gear.
    Start saving money first.

3. automaticman

automaticman Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 Vapor-X
    yeah, unless you are using HDMI audio, I always uncheck those drivers when I install new Catalyst updates. If you are using realtek onboard sound, you can usually get a much newer version of the HDMI driver directly from the Realtek site anyway.