gpu not detected!!

Discussion in 'Folding@Home - Join Team Guru3D !' started by A M D BugBear, Dec 22, 2010.

1. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Trying to get the 5970 to work, right after I installed the gpu2 client, 6.23 version, soon as I start the program, a pop up window comes up saying gpu can not be found,drivers,etc.

Also is there anyway I can use the 5970(in xfire mode) within gpu2 client without having to deal with two monitors?

Also if you use 2 different monitors for 2 gpus, does this mean its splitting power to each monitor? or is it combining it to 2 different monitor?

say in other worde wu 1300 points for one gpu for example, if I did 2 in sli or xfire, -2500, -2600 but it will need two seperate monitors but will the outcome still be -2500?

2. PantherX

PantherX Folding@Home Team Leader

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
    Since you are using v6.23, you will need to use the -forcegpu ati_r700 flag (Method).

IIRC, you can fold without the need to disable CFX but you will have to run 2 instances of the GPU2 Client. One for each GPU. (Guide). I doubt that you will need to connect 2 monitors to fold but I haven't got any experience so am not sure. You might have to extend the desktop or use dummy plugs or nothing. This is more of a trial and error method.

I am not sure what you mean by "splitting power". All I know that each GPU will fold its own unique WU (if setup correctly) and they will be credited with their own points, i.e. GPU 0 WU A is worth 100 points while GPU 1 WU B is worth 200 points so when you finish WU A and WU B, you total points will be 300. If you connect a monitor to each GPU, and if you are not running a GPU intensive application, there won't be much effect on the folding.

If you to optimize your GPU folding, I would recommend that you look into Environment Variables (Details).

3. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB
    point 1: just use the 6.30r2 client you'll still need to setup two work folder and use -gpu 0 1 2 3 for each gpu used

point 2: 1 monitor only needed with 6.30r2 2 monitors or a dummy plug still required for 6.23

point 3: he's asking if crossfire can help with 1 WU across 2 GPU's answer is no F@H doesn't support CF + 1 WU.. 1xGPU = 1XWU ie: HD5970 2 GPU's 2 WU's the same as if running two separate cards and PPD is base on each GPU x WU's completed

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011