transcend ssd720 v5.2.0 not detected on Warm Boot, only on Cold Boot

Discussion in 'SSD and HDD storage' started by mbushnaq00, Oct 21, 2013.

1. mbushnaq00

mbushnaq00 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 980 Ti 6GB
    I am having a very serious issue here. After updating the firmware to the latest 5.2.0, every time I restart my PC, the SSD is not being detected by the BIOS therefore I cannot boot into windows. I have to fully shutdown my PC and do a cold boot, after that everything works normally. I have been using the SSD for 3 months and I did not have this issue prior to the update.

I was in firmware 5.0.4 which I cannot find anywhere, so please if someone has the file or a fix please share.

P/N: TS128GSSD720

Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  2. V@IO

V@IO Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti @ 1233/7400MHz
    I have EXACTLY the same issue after updating to 5.2 on my TS512GSSD720, but it appears that Transcend might know of this issue already as they seem to have pulled the 5.2 update from their site...

3. mbushnaq00

mbushnaq00 Guest

GPU:
    yeah because I logged a support ticket with them, and they only replied once requesting additional information... and then after a couple of days the firmware is gone from there website and up to now they did not reply to my email.

4. V@IO

V@IO Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti @ 1233/7400MHz
    I also opened a support ticket with them, they also asked me for additional info, after providing them with the required info they no-longer respond to my mails as well. Guess that's what we get for buying a from lesser-known SSD brand... :bang:

5. V@IO

V@IO Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti @ 1233/7400MHz
    New firmware is live.

It seems there's a NEW firmware version out (5.22) , hopefully it fixes the issue...
    http://www.transcend-info.com/support/dlcenter/index.asp?#Detail

6. mbushnaq00

mbushnaq00 Guest

GPU:
  7. V@IO

V@IO Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX780Ti @ 1233/7400MHz
    LOL ! I was actually considering doing exactly the same. Relieved that the new FW fixed the issue.

8. hfm

hfm Guest

GPU:
    GTX 675M 2GB GDDR5
    It looks like even the 5.22 Firmware has been pulled as I don't see firmware in their download section anymore. I have a 512GB SSD720 that started acting up so I replaced it with a 512GB Crucial m4 back in July. I since recently hooked it up to a USB->SATA cable and full formatted it and checked it for errors with no problem so I suspect there's actually no physical defect with the drive. I decided to see if there was a firmware update thinking I could bring this thing back into service.

Hopefully they put a new firwmare up sometime as I suspect that was the issue, but it was kind of strange the problem started out of nowhere as the drive had been working fine for quite some time.

EDIT: DUH.. it appears it's all done through SSD Scope now... will try that.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2013