BIOS problems on AsRock motherboards

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by shadzovgra, Dec 2, 2011.

1. shadzovgra

shadzovgra Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 295x2 8Gb
    I am running a GTX 590 on a AsRock Extreme 4 motherboard, (new). Everything was running well for a few weeks, then I started to get boot problems. The computer would turn on and start boot sequence, but as soon as it got to the logon screen, the graphics card fan would start to roar and the monitor would turn off, leaving the computer running but without graphics. I have reset BIOS half a dozen times to get through the problem. But eventually the boot/graphics problem became permanent. So I purchased an AsRock Professional series motherboard, installed everything, only to have the same problem happen again. Tried a BIOS upgrade on the pro board but to no avail. Also while playing games the audio would start to stutter just before a total lock up of the system happened, leaving no other option but to soft off the power and reboot. If anyone can help me through this rather frustrating and expensive problem, it would be very much appreciated.

p.s. I have noticed that after stripping the board of all hardware and leaving it to sit for a day or so, then reinstalling everything, that the problem disappears, (for a while), but eventually comes back. I also purchased a OCZ 1000watt PSU to take care of all hardware needs. So I know that's not the problem.:bang:

Is this a problem particular to AsRock boards running a AMD 1090T with A GTX 590 graphics card? Again, all help will be appreciated and thanks in advance.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  2. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Have you thought about updating the graphics card firmware?

3. Mozaik

Mozaik Banned

GPU:
    Giga gtx 470@800
    If your problem persists even on a new MB than you can probably take out the MB as a source of the problems.
    Try to connect the components differently like switching to another Sata port,switching places of memory modules,installing the graphic card in another PCI-e slot if available.
    Sometimes that does wonders like removing a battery from an old calculator and putting it back.