Having Problems with RivaTuner and Win7 x64

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by tonyc2a, Jan 2, 2010.

1. tonyc2a

tonyc2a New Member

GPU:
    ATI HD 4890 / 1024MB
    I had been using RT with WinXP x64 for some time. I just installed Win7 Pro x64 and now I can't get RT to work as before. Specifically, I used to click a little tiny button on the main windows front tab, which would popup a row of like 5 buttons. Then I'd click the first button to set the clock and fan speeds (or the second button on bar for temperature line graphs). However, those two little buttons are no longer there. I get a warning about the ATI driver not being supported when I run RT, but I have installed the 8.691 ATI driver that comes with Catalyst 9.12.

I read about having the RT drivers signed, and when I install RT windows does warn about the drivers not being signed. But I apply the "update" when RT installer asks, and I figure this should install the signed driver.

Any help would be HUGELY appreciated.

-T

PS. In case its relevant, the icons for RT no longer have the normal icon displayed. The only icons are the default windows icon used for files with no embedded ico file.

2. franpa

franpa Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyt 760 4GB WForce x3
    See this file? RivaTuner224MSIMOA2009EditionDrv.rtu

Place it in your Rivatuner folder and drop it onto Rivatuner.exe to install 64bit driver support.

3. tonyc2a

tonyc2a New Member

GPU:
    ATI HD 4890 / 1024MB
    Tried that, then tried it again, and again...as I mentioned in the original post.

Thanks tho for responding, anyone else have thoughts?

I will try to disable UAC entirely.

4. tonyc2a

tonyc2a New Member

GPU:
    ATI HD 4890 / 1024MB
    Turning off UAC all together did not do anything either. I'm thinking it has to do with the new ATI driver. Is anyone else having problems or heard of ppl having problems.

I read about forcing nvidia drivers that were otherwise unsupported, can anyone tell me what I'd need to type in to force the ATI driver?

5. Pyr0

Pyr0 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti FTW3
    is there any particular reason you want to use rivatuner instead of afterburner ?

6. tonyc2a

tonyc2a New Member

GPU:
    ATI HD 4890 / 1024MB
    I didn't know about it, or if I had seen it in the past I didn't investigate b/c I didnt have an MSI card.

However, Afterburner has solved all my issues regarding oc'ing fan control. Thank You!!

I did like using D3DOverrider. Can I still run D3DOverrider along side Afterburner? I don't see why there would be an issue there. Alternatively, does Afterburner have its own counterpart to D3DOverrider, or is there some other alternative to D3DOverrider? If not, I will just continue to use D3DOverrider as normal.

Thanks again, that was the answer that I came looking for.

7. Fyew-jit-tiv

Fyew-jit-tiv Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 580 Hydro 3GB x2
    Is after burnner better that rt.? Will The "GPU Monitor" Gadget work with AB?

8. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Yes....................

9. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    How could be better if Afterburner is a stripped down version of Riva? :)
    Riva needs only a face lift with supporting new cards and new drivers. We have to wait with patience ver. 2.25.
    AFAIK nope.