Talking about my Gigabyte 680 SOC

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by StealBalls, Apr 30, 2013.

1. StealBalls

StealBalls Guest

GPU:
    MSI 280x CrossFire
    Hi,

Wanted to start thread to chat about the Gigabyte GTX 680 Super Overclock (SOC)

Talked a littler about these in the other thread about 'WILL THEY FIT' so first off they fit great! I would not be using the word 'SNUG' lightly mind! This brings me onto my next point..

My thinking with these in the start was, because the fans are not on the top, that means when in SLI even with a triple slot cooler, they will not be obstructed, and I think this is working great, been playing some BF3, admittedly this is not pushing the cards much at all, but still, temps, VERY nice. My first card boosts to 1241, since putting the second one in I only have BF3 installed atm, and I can hardly get them to boost at all lol so I actually do not know what my second card boosts to.

Back to temps though, mid 50's for the card in the first slot and the second card never gets out of the 40's - which is great.

Has anybody else got one (or 2) of these cards? I have not seen anybody with one of these yet.

The noise is a factor, they are actually very quiet, but there is for sure a high pitched whine, but, it's actually pretty quiet, and since putting the second card in I detect absolutely ZERO change in audible volume (meaning 5 small fans, or 10, no difference.)

All in all these seem like nice cards.

I payed only £401 each (lol only, well, uno) which for such a high quality version of the 680 is pretty decent, because these have one of the highest factory overclocks on a 680 I think and also a superb custom cooler.

If these cost 430-440 each, I would have got something else, but they were not.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
  2. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Max out your power target and see what boost clocks you get. At 1.21v modded BIOS I can run 1280/7200 no @problem. You can test with heaven 4.0 and valley 1.0. I modded my BIOS back to 1.175 v and 7114 due to hotter ambient temps

3. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    No reason to OC those cards since he does not require that much power. And reducing their life time is not worth it.
    Post VRM temperatures. I think they will be pretty neat too.
    I like that design. But I was like.. "WTF System on Chip?" (SOC) :eyes:

It looks much better than any Accelero cooling I saw.

4. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    The only difference is that the Accelero Coolers are inaudible at 40% while keeping a 680 OCed below 65C.

Running my 680 at 1200 with Fans Fixed at 30%. Never goes above 60C.

5. StealBalls

StealBalls Guest

GPU:
    MSI 280x CrossFire
    HMMMMMMMMMMM

There is a big button on these cards which says 'extreme' - naturally it just had to be pressed, and it changes the LED to RED, seems it switches the BIOS to an extreme version giving more voltage, 1.212.

Should be fun!

6. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    thats a lame extreme button, I can get 1.212v flashing my bios, and dont worry that voltage wont hurt anything, the extra voltage will net you 26- to around 52mhz on the core

7. StealBalls

StealBalls Guest

GPU:
    MSI 280x CrossFire
    Yes mate I know it's mild and I could always flash the BIOS as well I guess? but tbh mate 1300Mhz makes me happy anything above is just a bonus really and the fact I just had to push a button to do it was great.