Have you seen this? Some game called Hatred

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by BigBlockTowncar, Oct 17, 2014.

1. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    Looks like Epic already has tried to move away from it even though it was programmed with UE4 engine. I guess that is what happens when you have public use for the engine, anyone can use it. Good (bad) publicity but not sure what the devs will accomplish with this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrX7G-1xPLs

Last edited: Oct 17, 2014
  2. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    lol, wtf is this? Serial killer mass murder game just on innocent people?

And dont come now with, "you can do the same stuff in GTA" for example.

Yeah doh, but in GTA you do other stuff and this looks like thats the only thing you do in this game. Even Postal is more decent, lol.

3. BigBlockTowncar

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    Pretty agenda driven. Not sure where you draw the line, but I would think that this is over the line. But, I would doubt that there would be many publishers or digital distributors who would get involved with this....Steam, Origin, I doubt it.

4. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Agreed.

5. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Besides it being a messed up game, it looks like it'll become boring after 5mins of gameplay.

6. suture

suture Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1070 GTX
    Looks like a game without any longevity, i probably wont last 10mins till i get bored.

But i have to admit.. damn.. It looks awesome and has style :]

7. Pete J

Pete J Master Guru

GPU:
    Some of those as well
    Loving the Youtube comments.

8. MonarchX

MonarchX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 @ 1480Mhz GPU
    ZOMGies! This game mirrors my deepest desires, feelings, and thoughts! Muwa ha, he-ho, hee-hee, muwa, haha, he-he, owmuh muwahahahaha HA!!!

I just hope I can transition back into the real world after playing such a game for hours, many many hours! Sometimes I can't tell if I'm still playing a game or if I'm actually in RL... do you that's enough of a reason for a passable insanity plea... in case things get a wee bit out of hand if I fail to successfully transition? :):):)

9. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Have to add though I do like the small destruction effects and some of the lighting but that's credit to UE4 I suppose.

10. AndyMutz

AndyMutz Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3080 FTW3
    wth?
    i like violence in games, but this really seems like a step over the line.

-andy-

11. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Most ridiculous game I've heard about ever. Wonder what kind of buyers would be interested in such a game.

12. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Reminds me of Manhunt.

13. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Urgh. :p even Commando Libya on C64 was more fun

14. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Saw it earlier, could get a bit repetitive if you just run around shooting with no further purpose but we'll see I guess, looks like a modern take on Postal 1 otherwise but less humor / satire.
    (Though as far as I remember back when it was originally released Postal 1 was even more messed up than this is.)

15. BigBlockTowncar

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    I can remember people talking about Mortal Kombat 1 when it came out. Violence has increased in games and movies since then, although I will say that the most popular FPS games like COD and BF4 are for the most part bloodless/goreless when compared to the old school Apogee and id games that were all about gibbing. That was back before the ESRB existed, just the little test tubes on the computer games that showed the level of violence.

I can remember watching TV edits of certain rated-R movies like Terminator, etc...they could realistically play Terminator just about all the way through on TV editing only for language.

This game will get a lot of hype but not many buyers I don't think.

16. fr33jack

fr33jack Guest

GPU:
    1050Ti @1.9/ 9.0GHz
    In the world this ill...I don't see how that game can have a potentially bad influence anyways.

Every minute...MINUTE...somewhere on this planet happening a murder, rape, slave trading, human organs harvesting and trafficking...and most of the people and mass media don't give a fk about that. More importantly, this sh*t happens long before the first computer ever made...more importantly, before the humans have invented the first form of any language. Murdering and mass killing happens even on molecular level...in the world of simple cell organisms...

But why some video game with some intensive gore in it?..Why not creating such forum threads and intensive media hype around CoD, BF4, Wolfenstein, DeusEx, etc.? Cause it's kinda OK killing and butchering people in those games? Why?..And what about movies and books? Music and songs with violent lyrics?..

Blaming only video games for causing violent in real life are kinda stupid. There is nothing wrong in violent games, movies, books and provocative lyrics in songs. It's just an origination of our entire system. The whole system is violent and wrong. And it will be violent till we have corporations which have their profit (weapons must shoot and kill to make profit) from selling weapons and make wars...

Meh...humankind just awful at this stage of evolution. And corrupt politicians, greedy corporations and manipulative fourth estate are simply pure evil...the real threat of our civilisation...just sayin :)

17. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Just because *******s have poor standards that doesn't mean we have to lower them.
    Young impressionable imbeciles with violent tendencies should really not get their hands on a game like this. I happen to like petting zoos.

So apparently very nice people you want to make games, have access to the internet, go places...

edit: fixed the crap in the quote a bit

18. Braadkip

Braadkip Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    I don't see the problem here.
    This game is (ofcourse) fictional as the majority of all games.
    Compare it to horror movies, its quite innocent and jus made for amusement .. no matter how sick.

When i was young i played Pong, but in RL i never had the urge to play tennis. (in fact i hate tennis)
    Later i played Rayman, but i never had the urge to travel in RL by jumping rocks.

Btw, it looks great.

19. Smokey25

Smokey25 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 EVGA FTW+
    Atleast Postal had some humor in it,this just looks really bad.Who wants to buy a game where you mindlessly shoot at innocent "people" ? I dont get it.

20. biggyca

biggyca Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Khm khm GTA players ... :) jk