Bleach is finally over...

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by vbetts, Aug 18, 2016.

1. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    And I am not going to give any spoilers, but I am not too thrilled with the ending. Felt like a cop out ending to me and did not make too much sense.

Should have ended with the Aizen arc, perfect ending imo.

2. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Stopped reading after Aizen honestly and haven't bothered to go back to it.

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Shame to see they canceled manga like that. Eh, im only into Dragon Ball this days anyway.

4. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    It wasn't canceled, Kubo said that this arc is going to be the last for Bleach. I think the problem is it was drawn out way too long, and there is still too much left open.

5. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    It was rather abrupt ending. At least it ended. Kubo could have ended it with Aizen but I guess he wanted to introduce the soul king and so forth he talked about...

6. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    The Soul King was completely thrown away though! When we first caught glimpse of the Soul King, he had an aid that was speaking to him like he would respond. It was also requested by the Soul King that Ichigo, Bakuya, Rengi, and Rukia be taken to the Soul Palace, but then later we learn he is not a conscience being any longer. He or at this point of time I should say "it" just holds the barriers of the human world, soul society, and hueco mundo together. When Ywatch absorbed him, he took that role. But then he was killed! There was no mention of what happened to the Soul King, or if there was a replacement for the Soul King!

Characters were wasted as well, Isshin should have been more involved. Shuhei was completely wasted as well, he had a bankai but it was never shown! Ikkaku never used his Bankai again(although being damaged it was never at the same level again), and Ichigo makes no sense at all.

Shunsui stated that Ichigo may not be able to return if he claims a higher power, which this should have been what happened to Ichigo in the end. That makes sense, since he has the power of a Quincy, human, shinigami, and hollow, assuming all of this he should be the strongest. His new bankai, is pointless. It's back to how it was before, "LET'S MAKE HIS SWORD BIGGER." But then it went back to his original shikai. What?

The biggest cop out, 10 year skip and they have kids now? Boo. And Ywatch's pressure is still lingering, and just disappears from the touch of Ichigo's kid?

7. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    That is all also true. I was mad at especially about
    Isshin not being used properly as they did show him coming to the damn place, I think Kubo just wanted it to end already with some pressure from the management.