GeForce Hot Fix driver 361.82

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by stigbeater, Feb 1, 2016.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    oh right, different game , no its the launch version

2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yeah was on steam lunar sale for 2 - 3e, very futuristic flashy looking game.. just shame it has this stream stutter...

I remember bulletstorm having it too but thrn it magicaly start to run great, although it was with later drivers..

Hm so gk110a isnt affected, i saw few times gk110b version more sensitive guess its this time again now.

3. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    PCI-e slow??

No bud it's not slow, we are just about to saturate it to heck and back. It is by no means slow. We just about need a new solution because of how fast tech is moving forward.

4. PC gaming tech is not moving nearly as fast as it used to. Monopolies, consoles, port outsourcing and the rise of mobile tech are all a hindrance. And so is the increase of unqualified game developers, due to game development being a trendy thing to do these days.
    And about PCI-E, slow is a relative term anyway. Fact of the matter is (and has been for quite a long time) that games are simply not taking advantage of GPU bandwidth and horsepower, so whether the bus gets saturated or not is completely unrelated. SSDs stand to gain a far greater benefit from an updated interface at this point.

5. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Try limiting fps @ a realistic number, force vsync on, turn on adaptive and try your 1215mhz oc again, it should stick....and max out the power slider.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  6. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5700 XT
    The NVBackend that people are reporting to start with windows is located in the backup core folder in the driver install.

7. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Update, I installed tombraider today and i got a driver stopped responding error when i had to climb in seria. i think we need a new driver for this game.
    gonna try the recommended settings through geforce experience as well since i played with higher settings just now. << Nope still crashing.
    Without reshade now - nope still crashing, so def need a new driver.

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Thanks for confirming.
    Yeah I had that too, mostly right before scripted events or scenes. I remember at least 10 15 or so until i got to that desert level. Water sequences is also a trigger.

Have you tested a little lower Oc? That somehow "fixed" it here.. 2- 3 boost steps lower (from 1202 to 1176).
    Although I think its something with driver too, Grid2 had similar issues by start of the game, it wouldn't boost fast enough (stock factory oc boost) vsync and it would black screen the game or hard freeze the game, driver update fixed that later.

9. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090
    yeah these driver crash whit higher overclock, i had tdr too in some games with the last 2 drivers (whql and hotfix), usualy my system was stable with 1531mhz but now i had to downclock to 1493 to fix the driver stop responding message, apparently these drivers don't like much overclock, everything in 1500 range will make the driver stop responding.

But it doesn't really matter i don't see a huge performance loss with downclocking from 1531 to 1493 with these drivers. So for now i'm fine.

10. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Nah man, it's the software that isn't moving as fast as it should. Our hardware outmatches 90% of the software out there.

There are not many games that are dev'd to take even FULL advantage of DX11 optimally. It's just a bit here and there feature wise. Here we have DX12 hardware with nothing to show yet. So hardware....is fine...software is where it counts, and I'm not bashing, I know it isn't always easy to code.

11. plywood99

plywood99 Guest

Software is always the last to catch up. IMHO it's more to do with upper management than anything else.

12. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    15th Feb new driver is out!

13. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    That is tommorow how do you know ?

14. That's what I said though. Software is not utilizing the current hardware's full potential.

15. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    It's incredibly slow compared to on board vram. Guess why they don't make cards that rely on system ram only. The moment when the card runs out of its own vram... We all know what happens.

16. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    What makes you say that?

17. Pyrage

Pyrage Master Guru

GPU:
    580 CF@ 1470
    Sadly PC optimizations are always the last thing in the minds of AAA companies, as long as the game runs it's good enough for them.

18. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Weird stuttering in SC2 with this driver, it's like every 10th second or something.
    Did not do a clean install this time (I normally always do).

19. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    that just means your OC is not stable. with maxwell, a stable OC in the 1500+ range requires a lot of voltage and very likely a custom bios. the power saving features will ruin stability at that clock speed.

and it may seem stable in 90% chances and then starting ctd'ing in certain scenarios.

20. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090
    im running Laithan bios for 980 gaming g1