Under performing GTX 1060

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by 2014wildman2015, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Hello i just got my gtx 1060, I am only able to run battlefield 1 and other games on medium to low graphics while my friends with worse cards than I have are able to run battlefield on ultra to high. I don't know if another part of my computer is bottle necking my GPU or something else is wrong. thanks

2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    power supply might not be able supply the need amps to card, you might have power saving mode set to power scheme

3. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Run MSI afterburner and monitor your hardwares in game;

Check for GPU usage and GPU clocks. What CPU does your friend have?

If theres a bottleneck, it would most definitely come from your CPU especially in game like BF1. I don't have the game myself otherwise I'd give it a go, but it doesn't favour that CPU too much.

If you have a list of other games that runs poorly, let me know so I can try it and report whether its a CPU issue.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
  4. Michalko

Michalko Guest

GPU:
    a good one
    Your FX8320 is EXTREMELY slow without a massive overclock. And even then it is just too slow for most games. It is literally useless for gaming (I was using it for a while with 980 and it was horrible). FX are the worst CPUs for gaming. Even Core 2 Duo is faster than AMD FX in unoptimized single threaded workload.

5. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000

it's your AMD FX CPU. you need an i5 or preferably an i7 setup these days, especially if you care about online FPS's, as an i7 will get you higher minimums and maximums in games like bf1.

times of the FX, and intel 4 thread CPU's are getting long in the tooth these days when it comes to both demanding, and unoptimized games. i've had a few games in a row now where an i5 can't get constant 60fps at all times, which would be an extreme rarity just a year ago.

so go for i7, I know I will next upgrade.

in the meantime, overclock that puppy you have now. it will help.

6. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Here's Hilbert's review of BF1 including the FX-8370. It appears to hold it's own against an i7 5960X when both are clocked to 4.3ghz.....
    http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/battlefield_1_pc_graphics_benchmark_review,9.html

Hilbert's statement for those too lazy to click the link...

The FX series processors are designed for multi-threaded workloads....which BF1 is. The OP simply has something else wrong with his system.

7. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Check your GPU and CPU utilization during gaming. Going above 60fps might be tricky due to low performance per CPU core.

8. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Getting over 60fps is doable according to Hilbert's BF1 review. Maintaining a 60fps minimum is likely to be impossible with a GTX1060 that only managed to achieve an average of 87FPS and maximum of 95FPS when paired with an i7 5960X for Hilbert's review. Based on the deviation noted in Hilbert's review of BF1, he should be looking at around 50-60fps as an average...mid-70's as a maximum.

9. Michalko

Michalko Guest

GPU:
    a good one
    FX8320 is a MASSIVE bottleneck. It is NOT as fast as 5960X in BF1 and your benchmark is wrong.

http://www.techspot.com/articles-info/1267/bench/CPU_GTX1080.png

As you can see, it is causing a massive bottleneck, limiting framerate to only 40 in DX12 mode (vs 81, 6600K). And this is FX overclocked to 4.3GHz, OPs FX is running at 3.5GHz. And in DX11 it is still bottlenecking.. While in most areas performance should be decent, in some locations framerate will drop massively because of a FX CPU (under 40, tested in BF4 with overclocked FX8320).

FX is just awful, awful architecture and awful performer. Piledriver architecture is much less advanced than sandy bridge and even nehalem in some areas.

10. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Happy new year gift, however get a new CPU. i5 or i7, im almost 100% sure as other guys said too its the CPU issue. It simply bottlenecks your card.

11. Michalko

Michalko Guest

GPU:
    a good one
    But it is not only the CPU, 8GB of RAM can cause some stuttering in modern games. So I would recommend getting intel cpu + motherboard + another 8GB of ram.

And don't try to overclock your CPU with that motherboard, it is not possible.

12. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Online multiplayer or single player campaign?...

13. elpollodiablo31

elpollodiablo31 Member

GPU:
    None
    [​IMG]

+ 125w cpu = Throttling. Your cpu is downclocking with a heavy cpu-bound games.

Yo need to a better motherboard wiht minimum 6vrm + moffsets to have stable frequencies However the fx-8320 is not a good processor, but not so bad to work so badly on btf1.

To test it deactivates the turbo boost and low voltage to the cpu. With this at the moment should be minimized fps downs produced by the motherboard.