BFV & BF2 and RT OSD FPS and GPU Temps

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Sailindawg, Jun 18, 2005.

1. Sailindawg

Sailindawg Guest

GPU:
    Power Color LCS 7970
    Thanks UnWinder for the 15.5. I just got around to installing it and I really like the ability to view FPS and GPU temps while running a 3D game. I really the the way the Hardware Monitor and the RT Statistic Server work together.

I can view FPS and GPU temps in all games tested, except Battlefiled VietNam and Battlefield 2. In all other games tested, Far Cry, Battlefield 42, Call of Duty, Brothers in Arms and Half Life 2, the Hardware Monitor and the RT Statistic Server showed the FPS and GPU Temps.

I tried all settings in the Statistic Server and stil no go in BFV and BF2. Has anybody found a work around to get FPS and GPU temps to display in these 2 games ?

Thanks ahead.

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Cannot comment it, I've not seen BF2/BFV yet.
    RTSS v1.2 included in upcoming 15.6 does have some compatibility improvements, allowing to show OSD/enable framerate monitoring in some apps using nonstandard page flipping behavior (e.g. Neverwinter nights and Proect: Snowblind). But I'm not sure if the apps you've mentioned are covered by newly added compatibility enhancements.

3. Sailindawg

Sailindawg Guest

GPU:
    Power Color LCS 7970
    Thanks for the reply UnWinder. I'm not familiar with either of the two games you mentioned. I'll patiently wait for .6 to come out and then I'll see.

Regarding the "nonstandard page flipping behavior" of the other two games, how would one figure that out ? If it's relatively straight forward for a laymen to determine, maybe I can help out with BFV and BF2 since they are loaded on my machine ? If not, thanks again. I'll be waiting for .6.

4. Unwinder

> Regarding the "nonstandard page flipping behavior" of the other two games, how would one figure that out ? If it's relatively straight forward for a laymen to determine, maybe I can help out with BFV and BF2 since they are loaded on my machine ?

Nope, it is not so simple. I'll need to peek inside these apps, so unfortunately you won't be able to help.

5. Sailindawg

Sailindawg Guest

GPU:
    Power Color LCS 7970
    "I'll need to peek inside these apps, so unfortunately you won't be able to help."

If I could help you, what files would you need. I have the game installed.

6. Unwinder

Nope, that won't help. I need to debug the game myself.

7. Sailindawg

Sailindawg Guest

GPU:
    Power Color LCS 7970
    Thanks. I can't wait for the .6 version to come out ! Thanks much and I do appreciate your efforts here.