AMD starts cheating on Call of Duty 7 Black Ops

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by phk, Nov 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heavens Dragon

Heavens Dragon Active Member

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX 460 1gb
  2. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    nice site...the difference is also...on lighting...not only effect...so ati/amd lovers...shut the f*** up...i also have an amd card, and i can clearly see it...the level is vietnam...nvidia owns again...

3. spyre

spyre Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6990 and 6970 TF
    It is not a cheat since removing the CAP or renaming the game doesn't change the behaviour. Looks like a bug to me, that's even if there are supposed to be that many particles in the first place. You would have to check with the reference rasterizer to see which is the most accurate.

4. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    Interesting results for sure. I miss my HD4850 but yet again there is another example showing better IQ on nvidia.

5. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Again i seriously doubt the driver can choose to render or not render something called by the graphic engine .. aka particule, lightning effect or whatever ...

Is this a nvidia game and Nvidia have ask again to limit the graphis on AMD card?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  6. Paulo Narciso

Paulo Narciso Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Must be driver problem (again), because I see no reason why ATI don't show the same effects as nvidia.

7. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    ...too bad...we always knew that nvidia is leader on AF + AA filtering...but we believed in texture quality and IQ(AI) ati was better...now...we have destroyed dreams...if ATI do not manage to show raw, uncompressed, and unoptimized graphics, my next VGAs will be green...last chance...strong cards do not need optimizations for cutting off quality...i am starting worrying...is this the end of ATI..?? thay cant match or even beat nvidia, and they are lowering quality for years now..?? i think it's pathetic...i owned 3xxx, 4xxx, 5xxx, i will not get 6xxx, and if they do not change minds neither 7xxx... ;)

one friend of mine, told me, that if ATI will close all the optimizations on 6970 will be not even close to gtx580...in the start i was laughing...but after thinking, i am crying... :)

8. GeoD

GeoD Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    a few things to point out...not even the same frame, no details regarding graphics settings (mainly cat ai) or driver/game version. this is nothing more than a pathetically veiled attempt at trolling...especially when you consider the op has three posts and is awol from the thread. ati may not have as good driver support as nv that is true, but this thread is just pointless.

to show that ati is "cheating" there needs to be more proof than two screen-shots that arent even of the same image.

9. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    your friend have an 6970 in test ... an ES?

10. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    We can do a comparison our selves. I have a 460 and BO installed, I can post a screenie.

11. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    he is ok...i have finished single player in cod bo, 2 times....and these effects never came through my eyes...

12. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    open the register and settings.sys /cfg of the game too, and check if a setting is set differently on one or another... i don't have the game, so i can't do it and don't know how they have set it ..

it's a dx9 games if i am right ... so normally nothing to do with a DX11 not enabled or something like ...

when you get the settings for particule/effects, try see the value and increase it ..

13. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    no, he doesn't, and it's not the point what he has...the point is...ALL the benchmarks are with amd's optimizations...we have never seen a gtx 580 with optimized graphics benchmarking...even the leaked 3dmark 2011, are with super CCC graphics...i admit its strong, but cheating with catalyst control center(or from now on, texture filtering quality(TFQ)...is not a solution...)

WHY THERE IS NOT A CHOISE OF NOT USING THIS FILTER AT ALL...??? why it's so connected with crossfire...??? that's the reason they are not giving disbled ai anymore...amd is going backwards...that's not the future on graphics realism...

i would prefer AMD selling more expensive cards, with unoptimized graphics, than cheap cards, with optimized performance...that's the difference with ati/nvidia...ati is a like nissan gtr, nvidia is like zonda r...different philosophy;)

14. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Here's a bunch of screens for comparison. Sorry about the large size, didn't know which scene would be perfect so I included them all.

http://www.mediafire.com/?1wxyr7n3ier4k48

And btw, the level's name is S.O.G.

Edit: In case somebody misses it, Triple Buffering On is my default option.

Edit2: I forgot to mention that Threaded opti and Texture filtering - Trillinear opti is On as well

15. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:

you have no idea how many optimisation are used by nvidia profile / game....
    How do you think they win 15fps on Dirt2 after 3 drivers relase ...?

I have been part of a modding driver team for Nvidia and ATI, both use exactly the same optimisation. the first work we was doing is disable their optimisation and replace them by our own optimisation ..it's why you have those profile in drivers.. optimise the driver/games ...

16. Ukraver

Ukraver Master Guru

GPU:
    msi r280x oc
    played it on me gtx 275 and me hd 6870 there is no difference at all , on 263 and 10.10e hotfix

both ati and nvidia make quality cards with quality iq , drivers do have bugs but so do games

17. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Εμ....χαχαχαχα

18. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    thanks...here is mine...just...food for thought... ;) http://www.mediafire.com/?312r1y4nnjl070j

19. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Crap man. Now that I look at yours, in comparison, it looks bland. Don't mind or anything, just calling it as I see it.

20. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.