eDimensional 3D Glasses problems

Discussion in '3D Stereo and VR Gaming Section' started by tkj, Apr 15, 2010.

1. tkj

tkj New Member

GPU:
    ATI Readeon HD 4890
    I want to mention my computer and the screen setup so you have that in mind before reading the review:
    • Intel i5 750 – 3.1GHz
    • ATI Readeon HD 4890 – two DVI outputs
    • 4gb RAM
    • Samsung P2450 60Hz LCD – both with VGA and DVI input

When I bought the glasses I got an email telling me that the software in the package that I was going to receive was outdated, and then there was a download link to a zip file. That zip file included the TriDef Experience setup file, and eDimensionals own 3D shutter glass executable.

So while waiting on the package to arrive, I installed the TriDef Experience. That’s a very neat piece of software, as it did support Anaglyph 3D, and it has a picture and video 2D to 3D converter included. So I was able to watch my 2D movies in 3D, and see my pictures taken with a normal digital camera in 3D!

After 3 business days I received the package, and what was found inside was:
    • The 3D Shutter glasses
    • A VGA dongle, which the screen and glasses plugs into
    • An outdated CD with drivers and software

But the DVI to VGA adapter that I was told was included was missing! 1. bad experience!

Please visit this link: http://elec.tkjweb.dk/blog/2010/04/edimensional-3d-glasses-review/ to see the rest of the review, as I wasn’t able to put images in this post. When you have read the review there, then if you want to comment then comment IN HERE!
    I would like to hear if any of you knows a solution to the problems I’ve got before I’m going to return the product. I would also like to hear from others who have experienced the same problems!

2. AlxFitz

AlxFitz Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970GTX
    I bought some of these a while back (I last used them with an nvidia 7800gtx - support dropped for the 8000 series) and I wouldn't get your hopes up using them successfully now on any recent graphics card.

3. GFE_Oneill

GFE_Oneill Member

GPU:
    ati 3870x2
    a 2d to 3d converter can not turn 2d stuff to true 3d .

a 3d camera is needed for REAL 3d .

ive messed around with converter and they dont come close to real 3d.

the converter will even put alot of artifacts in the content so i really wouldnt use it.

4. tkj

tkj New Member

GPU:
    ATI Readeon HD 4890
    Yes you'r right... But that's not the problem, the problem is the ghost thing!

5. GFE_Oneill

GFE_Oneill Member

GPU:
    ati 3870x2
    ghosting ... that happens because the monitors response time is crap

look for monitors with 2ms response time

6. tkj

tkj New Member

GPU:
    ATI Readeon HD 4890
  7. GFE_Oneill

GFE_Oneill Member

GPU:
    ati 3870x2
    just because it says 2ms doesnt mean it is

8. Glidefan

Glidefan Don Booze Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | 8600M GS
    Dude, to me it just seems like an add for that review to another site instead of a problem.
    Haven't seen a problem stated in your post.

9. T-Bones

T-Bones Member

GPU:
    Albatron 9600GT
    Hi, just came across your post and thought it was interesting that you are attempting to run those 3D glasses on a LCD monitor. I haven't used my 3D glasses for ages but I was under the impression that they would only work on a CRT monitor due to the requirement of a high refresh rate (120mhz recommended). This is due to it halving the refresh rate when it is producing the 3D effect ie. 120mhz in reality becomes 60mhz which is consider the lowest exceptable rate for viewing. Therefore they are not compatible with any standard LCD monitor available and that is why these glasses have become obsolete.

10. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850
    120hz LCDs are being released now.