Call of Duty Black Ops 2?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Feb 17, 2012.

1. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Only £7 off, but hopefully enough to bump up the peak numbers. Very surprised it was on offer at all, and it may not even be the best deal before the sale ends.

2. charliehamster

charliehamster Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    If you stopped caring about my apparent trolling, why are you going out of your way to even reply?

3. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Probably because typing a few lines isn't "going out of my way" when I'm sitting at the PC.

4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Anybody else notice poor color banding?

Instead of proper dithering effect i see these 8bit lines? It looks really bad - especially in zombie maps. If it were my display fault, then i would have seen it in other games, but i dont. -_-

[​IMG]

Guess i'll have to use SweetFX dithering FX to coverup their flaws.. Shame on you Treyarch :eyes:

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hmm .. I don't play zombies (rather I don't know how) any other MP or SP map I could look for that?

6. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    @tj: They always have that, mostly on title screens.

@mrh: Ok, didn't know they advertize Nuketown 24/7.

@lucidus: Nuketown itself doesn't get in my way, it's the matchmaking. As long as they keep their playlists limited and we have so few players I'd prefer to see them in other lists :D
    The best thing would be like it was in BO -> official servers that ran all combinations of modes and map rotations, free to choose :)

7. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Can two people play multiplayer on the same PC like consoles?

8. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nope, no split screen.

9. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    What do you mean in title screens?

Check town zombie map, there is one particular light that has godray shafts and there is clearly huge banding in effect, i can see rings of light instead of blended light..

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  10. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Oh ok .. this is my first CoD so I don't really know how the others worked :D I'm kinda happy with matchmaking because I got CS GO and every one seems to play only de_dust and that pissed me off! This way I get to experience some variety.

11. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Its on offer due to the fact that its sold a lot but its sales numbers have dropped week on week when compared to MW3 last year.

The game is MILES better than MW3 imo. I love all COD games and never really bashed them that much only little niggles here and there. But MW3 was just pure horse sh^t to me. Blops 2 needs the SMG's nerfing even more they are still "no skill hip fire across map" guns and totally over power all other guns. Other than that its a pretty nice entry.

Still no one will take COD4 away from me. I think that game will still be played 10 years from now.

12. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    @tj: Just look at the title screens, the first screen you'll see when opening the game. All the latest titles had that color banding. MW2, MW2, BO and now BO2.

13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Ingame, not title aka. loading screens ;p

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  14. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Read. Point is -> color banding is nothing new. It starts to show as soon as you launch the game.

15. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    There's banding in just about every game I play.

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Hmm, but I didnt see that in other dark games, well not so obvious.

This is with ingame gamma at 0.50, its just the lights or its "shafts" other in room are ok, maybe driver bug?
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Other then that its great :)

btw does Steam vat detect injectors like sweetFX?

17. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Are you forcing ambient occlusion by any chance? I had "blocky" lights in MW2 at a time when I forced ao to something other than "high quality"

SweetFX has been mentioned by PCDev some weeks ago. He said "use at your own risk". I've been using it since the beginning and have been fine.

18. IAmGhostDog

IAmGhostDog Guest

GPU:
    XFX R9 390
    Same here.
    Can't play the game without it.
    "Vanilla" looks like @ss.

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    No just ingame AO, i fiddled with ingame settings a bit DOF, AO off etc but no luck.. I will try driver AO if it makes any difference.

Hopefully its fine with SWeetFX, i dont want vat ban :O

20. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    VAT? Oh tax people are the meanest :D If you're trying the new SweetFX 2.0 let us know how it is. Supposedly the dithering is a tiny bit better.

Fun fact -> when I first saw this banding I thought it was due to my TN panel.

I wouldn't want a ban either but I even used the widescreen fixer for MW3. If it greatly enhances the game I don't want to play without it.
    Did the same back in BF3 with FXAA Injector and never had problems with it. Hope it stays that way :) I'm always in for better quality.