Far Cry 3 Graphic Tweaks!? HELP!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by putrescent, Dec 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. putrescent

putrescent Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 670 FTW
    I am currently running Far Cry 3 on Ultra Settings. I am seeing on the forums graphic tweaks for SLI setups but I don't have SLI. Anyone have any good presets to make the game look amazing on non SLI!? I am getting good framerates. Also the brightness with the sand is killing my eyes! Any good ways to reduce that? Oh yeah also I have some pictures with some graphical issues like the branches on trees flickers and sometimes graphics on rocks or grass are messed up. Not sure if its the game or my settings.

My Build:
    Intel I7 3770
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 670 FTW
    Asus Sabertooth Z77 MOBO

You can see the blood has some issues
    [​IMG]

Crazy bright!
    [​IMG]

The rocks have graphic problems
    [​IMG]

2. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    perhaps depth of field is causing issues, this can de disabled, as can motion blur.
    i get some flickering textures but never corrupt ones like the blood.

3. putrescent

putrescent Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 670 FTW
    Depth of field is basically being able to see very far in the distance right?

4. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    no, the opposite, you can't see chit in the distance with dof enabled.
    field of view increases your lateral view distance though.

5. putrescent

putrescent Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 670 FTW
    And that might get rid of my issues?

6. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    perhaps, however the game itself has issues and is a behemoth to tweak somewhat.

7. putrescent

putrescent Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 670 FTW
    How do i get rid of depth of field?

8. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    find gamerprofile.xml in the far cry 3 folder in your documents, open with notepad then copy and paste the top seven lines here exactly as is. the last line should be
    </RenderProfile>

9. putrescent

putrescent Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 670 FTW
    <SoundProfile MusicEnabled="1" MasterVolume="100" MicEnabled="1" IncomingVoiceEnabled="1" Language="english" />
    <RenderProfile MSAALevel="8" AlphaToCoverage="2" SSAOLevel="3" SDSM="0" ResolutionX="1680" ResolutionY="1050" Quality="ultrahigh" QualityEditor="editor_ps3" Fullscreen="1" Borderless="0" UseD3D11="1" D3D11MultithreadedRendering="0" WidescreenLetterbox="0" UseWidescreenFOV="1" FOVScaleFactor="1.02" EnableSubResolution="0" SubResolutionX="960" SubResolutionY="540" VSync="0" RefreshRate="0" DisableMip0Loading="0" GPUMaxBufferedFrames="1" ShowFPS="0" Brightness="1" Contrast="1" GammaRamp="1" AllowAsynchShaderLoading="1">
    <CustomQuality>
    <quality ResolutionX="1280" ResolutionY="720" EnvironmentQuality="high" AntiPortalQuality="default" PortalQuality="medium" PostFxQuality="ultrahigh" TextureQuality="high" TextureResolutionQuality="high" WaterQuality="veryhigh" DepthPassQuality="high" VegetationQuality="veryhigh" TerrainQuality="high" GeometryQuality="ultrahigh" AmbientQuality="low" DeferredAmbientQuality="low" ShadowQuality="veryhigh" EditorQuality="" Hdr="1" HdrFP32="0" ReflectionHdr="1" EnableVertexBinding="1" id="custom" />
    </CustomQuality>
    </RenderProfile>
    <NetworkProfile VoiceChatEnabled="1" CustomMapMaxUploadRateInBitsOnline="10240000" OnlineEnginePort="9000" OnlineServicePort="9001" FileTransferHostPort="9002" FileTransferClientPort="9003" LanHostBroadcastPort="9004" LanClientBroadcastPort="9005" ScanFreePorts="1" ScanPortRange="1000" ScanPortStart="9000" SessionProvider="" MaxUploadInbpsOnline="10240000">
    <Accounts />
    </NetworkProfile>
    <GameProfile />
    <ProfileSpecificGameProfile Sensitivity="1" Invert_x="0" Invert_y="0" DefaultFlickFireDirection_y="0" UseMouseSmooth="1" Smoothness="0.2" Smoothness_Ironsight="0.2" HelpCrosshair="1" Gamepad_vibration="1" UseRoadSignHilight="1" UseSubtitles="1" TaggingEnabled="1" UseAmbx="0" UseGamePad="0" GamepadAnswered="0" Autosave="1" Machete="0" IronsightToggleMode="0">
    <FireConfig QualitySetting="VeryHigh" />

10. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    try this,
    i recommend 'notepad++' for editing these files, makes it much easier.

11. putrescent

putrescent Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 670 FTW
    Ok ill give it a try. I read on a site to get rid of depth of field to edit postfx to false but it keeps setting it to low and I can see in the distance still.

12. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    best set everything to ultra or your preferred preset then disable what you don't like.
    once you have tweaked this file it must be set to 'read only' but make sure all your in-game settings are setup before editing.
    looking at .xml through notepad++ with two tweaks in place >>
    (there's many commands to disable certain effects found in the main tweak thread, and how they are inserted correctly with correct preset id, for ex. your postFX is ultra high so the tweak must read 'id="ultrahigh' at the end.

postFX & shadow tweak> viewed through notepad++
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  13. putrescent

putrescent Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 670 FTW
    Why shadows and fxaa 0?

14. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    shadows are ultra, just soft shadows are disabled, and fxaa too, just my preference is all.
    imo one of the most difficult things to tweak in this game is the fov /mouse sensitivity balance. i guess it's more difficult cause they implemented widescreen fov in this game.

15. putrescent

putrescent Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 670 FTW
    Ok so im basically adding this into my profile? I tried adding false to postfx and its still showing up in my in game options as low??

16. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    nevermind the 'false' stuff, you gotta add these, like advanced presets, remember and take a copy of the original .xml just incase. :)

17. putrescent

putrescent Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 670 FTW
    What I got now but I still see foggy mountains and clouds in the distance...

<CustomQuality>
    <quality ResolutionX="1280" ResolutionY="720" EnvironmentQuality="high" AntiPortalQuality="default" PortalQuality="medium" PostFxQuality="low" TextureQuality="high" TextureResolutionQuality="high" WaterQuality="veryhigh" DepthPassQuality="high" VegetationQuality="veryhigh" TerrainQuality="high" GeometryQuality="ultrahigh" AmbientQuality="high" DeferredAmbientQuality="high" ShadowQuality="ultrahigh" EditorQuality="" Hdr="1" HdrFP32="0" ReflectionHdr="1" EnableVertexBinding="1" id="custom" />
    </CustomQuality>
    <Post>
    <quality GameDepthOfField="0" CinematicDepthOfField="0" MotionBlur="0" id="low" />
    </Post>
    <Shadow>
    <quality SoftShadows="0" id="low" />
    </Shadow>

18. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Your shadow quality is ultrahigh, so the tweak id for shadows must be ultrahigh too not low.
    also Ubi know about the short draw distances in game so if they ever fix it that will perhaps help with your blurry distant mountains.
    try it again but fix your c0nfig first.

19. Bullu$

Bullu$ Master Guru

GPU:
    R290X CFX@1050/1350
    Can somebody check if the gamerprofile is ok?
    I change it a bit but, as I read above it depends of several settings.

<GamerProfile> <SoundProfile MusicEnabled="1" MasterVolume="100" MicEnabled="0" IncomingVoiceEnabled="0" Language="English" /> <RenderProfile MSAALevel="0" AlphaToCoverage="0" SSAOLevel="0" SDSM="0" ResolutionX="3840" ResolutionY="2400" Quality="custom" QualityEditor="editor_ps3" Fullscreen="1" Borderless="0" UseD3D11="1" D3D11MultithreadedRendering="0" WidescreenLetterbox="0" UseWidescreenFOV="1" FOVScaleFactor="1.0" EnableSubResolution="0" SubResolutionX="960" SubResolutionY="540" VSync="0" RefreshRate="0" DisableMip0Loading="0" GPUMaxBufferedFrames="1" ShowFPS="1" Brightness="1" Contrast="1" GammaRamp="1" AllowAsynchShaderLoading="1" Bloom="1" MaxFPS="120">
    <CustomQuality>
    <quality ResolutionX="3840" ResolutionY="2160" EnvironmentQuality="high" AntiPortalQuality="default" PortalQuality="medium" PostFxQuality="ultrahigh" TextureQuality="high" TextureResolutionQuality="high" WaterQuality="veryhigh" DepthPassQuality="high" VegetationQuality="veryhigh" TerrainQuality="high" GeometryQuality="ultrahigh" AmbientQuality="high" DeferredAmbientQuality="high" ShadowQuality="ultrahigh" EditorQuality="" Hdr="1" HdrFP32="0" ReflectionHdr="1" EnableVertexBinding="1" id="custom" /></CustomQuality>
    <Environment>
    <quality RainNumSplashesPerSecond="60" id="high" />
    </Environment>
    <Post>
    <quality id="ultrahigh" PostFXLevel="2" FXAALevel="2" SSAO="3" SSAOMaxDistance="0" GameDepthOfField="1" CinematicDepthOfField="1" MotionBlur="0" DepthDownsample="0" CloudShadows="1"/>
    </Post>
    <Vegetation>
    <quality UseRealTreeHD="1" UsePixelLeafNormals="1" id="veryhigh" /> </Vegetation>
    <Terrain>
    <quality TerrainLodScale="0.5" TerrainDetailViewDistance="1024" TerrainDetailBlendViewDistance="128" id="high" />
    </Terrain>
    <Geometry>
    <quality KillLodScale="0.5" LodScale="0.5" RealTreesLodScale="0.5" RealTreesVistaMinViewDistanceScale="0.5" ClustersLodScale="0.5" TerrainLodScale="0.5" MaxDecalCount="200" MaxDecalCountPerType="50" id="ultrahigh" RealTreeLeafMinSize="0.02" /> </Geometry>
    <Ambient>
    <quality ShadowMapSize="512" SectorTextureSize="128" id="high" /> </Ambient>
    <Shadow> <quality ShadowMapSize="2048" CascadedShadowMapSize="2048" RainShadowMapSize="1024" SoftShadows="1" EnablePCSS="1" DisableShadow="0" DisableShadowGeneration="0" DisableShadowGenTerrain="0" SpotsCastShadows="1" id="ultrahigh" /> </Shadow>
    <DeferredShadows> <quality EnableDeferredShadows="1" id="pc" /> </DeferredShadows>
    </RenderProfile>
    <NetworkProfile VoiceChatEnabled="1" CustomMapMaxUploadRateInBitsOnline="10240000" OnlineEnginePort="9000" OnlineServicePort="9001" FileTransferHostPort="9002" FileTransferClientPort="9003" LanHostBroadcastPort="9004" LanClientBroadcastPort="9005" ScanFreePorts="1" ScanPortRange="1000" ScanPortStart="9000" SessionProvider="" MaxUploadInbpsOnline="10240000">
    <Accounts />
    </NetworkProfile>
    <GameProfile />
    <ProfileSpecificGameProfile Sensitivity="1" Invert_x="0" Invert_y="0" DefaultFlickFireDirection_y="0" UseMouseSmooth="1" Smoothness="0.2" Smoothness_Ironsight="0.2" HelpCrosshair="1" Gamepad_vibration="1" UseRoadSignHilight="1" UseSubtitles="1" TaggingEnabled="1" UseAmbx="0" UseGamePad="0" GamepadAnswered="0" Autosave="1" Machete="0" IronsightToggleMode="0">
    <FireConfig QualitySetting="VeryHigh" />
    </ProfileSpecificGameProfile>
    <RealTreeProfile Quality="VeryHigh" />
    <EngineProfile>
    <PhysicConfig QualitySetting="VeryHigh" />
    <QcConfig GatherFPS="1" GatherAICnt="1" GatherDialogs="0" IsQcTester="0" />
    <InputConfig />
    <ZoneConfig />
    </EngineProfile>
    <UplayProfile LockString="********************" />
    </GamerProfile>

I also have huge framedrops when I see alot of sea for example at dr.earnhart place. From 60fps to 25fps.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  20. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.