Call of Duty Black Ops 2?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Feb 17, 2012.

1. iFRAC7UR3

iFRAC7UR3 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GeForce GTX 680 2Gb
    I understand that gameplay beats graphics... but the COD developers does not have ANY excuse not to update the damn engine, or create a new one.. its not aging well..

they are 3 damn developers now..they CAN make a new engine..

2. PR-0927

PR-0927 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC+

I can respect that, to an extent. Although I personally don't see how anyone could dislike the humorous stories of BC/BC2.

And by the way, I totally agree about the endless enemies in BF3's campaign. That bugged me. But I still enjoyed it immensely (more the story than the way it was presented - in the end the SP was just a technology showcase and tutorial for noobs).

Although your last point I must disagree with - RO2 , Homefront, and Rage look considerably better than any CoD game, without question. In fact I have a hard time thinking of modern games with any shooter element which look worse than CoD. Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Dead Space/Dead Space 2, Mass Effect/Mass Effect 2, Just Cause 2, are just a few off the top of my head which put CoD to shame in the graphics/sound department (and IMO, every department).

- PR-0927

3. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
  4. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    black ops had better graphics and needed more requirements because it has vegetation bending, vegetation wind, and better textures.

5. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Quadrotor drone screenshot leaks

[​IMG]

6. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    ditch the stupid ass kill streaks and make larger maps and i just might buy it, but they won't so ....

7. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Many maps in BO were definitely larg enough (even the smallest ones weren't smaller than those in MW3) and killstreaks, well... I'm fine as long as you can play without them (or don't have to care for them due to valid countermeasures).
    A future setting doesn't sound very tasty though. "Cold War" should really have enough content for several games (if they wanted to do that).

8. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Just give me an 'effin CoD Zombies please

9. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Imo treyarch makes better mp maps then IW. Don't rlly like the mw3 maps.

Im really curious about the graphics and engine of BO2 and if they implement dx11.

10. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Treyarch make better CoD games.
    World at War was much, much better then CoD4 or MW2... both visually, gameplay and story wise.
    Though most overlooked it because "blah, blah another WW2 shooter blah, blah" and dry humped CoD4 because it was different.

Until Black Ops came out I felt WaW was the best entry in the series since CoD:United Offensive.
    But, Blacks Ops delivered in a way no other CoD games had. It had a story, a very decent and well told story that actually needed it's characters in order to progress. It wasn't a blind, mish mash of set piece, scripted event moments and endless waves of enemy spawns.

It was a story that flowed forward with the player and made excellent use of it's setting, time frame and characters.
    Yes it used some CoD staple traits... but it didn't overuse them like MW2 and 3 did.

As someone who thinks BF3 was awful, the CoD series needs to die... and found Bad Company 2 to be a bit of a letdown when compared to the first Bad Company... I will say I really, really liked Black Ops.
    And would like to see Treyarch get the chance to continue this story, or style of story telling with another game. And give them more freedom to break even further away from the "standard" CoD gameplay formula.

11. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    black ops has better graphics only in one aspect, because it has vegetation wind and vegetation bending, while Mw1 and mw 2 dont have.that's about it.

12. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

I think Single-Player is a vital part of any game, and feel the MP maps should be utilised for additional Single Player objectives. Sure mutliplayer can be good, but it should be in addition to, and no the sole target of a game.

13. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
  14. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Hmm the clip doesnt play.

edit: Looks like they use mw3 engine. Hopefully modified with better features.

Last edited: May 1, 2012
  15. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Looks half decent, but i've always thought the COD visuals were better than what people make out, especially considering the performance you get compared to most games.

Gameplay wise for the Single Player i'm not a fan, as it's gets too repetitive and it shouldn't be a struggle to finish such a short game, but they are no worse than BF3 or MOH2010 which were truly awful.

16. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    if they improve the textures i could live with this engine, but the textures in mw3 where terrible at times! maybe treyarch will do better ...

i've given up on the MP'er but i'll give single player a try ;)

17. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I'm quite sad they moved the timeframe to the future. There were at least two decades of material that could've been used for the same setting BO 1 had.

18. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    So does that mean that this is just Cod mw4 except with the black ops title, Shame if so coz i quite enjoyed the first BO and wanted them to continue as is like stated above by Radical_53.

19. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    No, it seems to be even more "advanced" in time than MW typically was. There are only some pictures out that I could see but it seems to be 10-15 years in the future.
    I would've loved to see more episodes, missions and maps from the 1950-1990 era.

"Future" typically means stupid gimmicks, plastic weapons and all kind of weird settings.

20. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti