Looking for 300ohm to 600hm headphones. Please help.

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by SapphireLynx, Oct 1, 2013.

1. SapphireLynx

SapphireLynx Guest

GPU:
    Msi GTX 760 SLI 1200/1700
    Only one I have found so far is a $350~ Beyerdynamic models at 600 ohms, does no other brand sell 600 ohm audiophile headphones?

Just bought a new amp that supports 600 ohms, so I kind of want to try it out... :)

2. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    What AMP are we talking about exactly? Even when rated at 600ohm's it might not necessarily suit or work well with certain headphones. I'd also not worry quite so much about trying to pair your AMP's output so specifically.

3. SapphireLynx

SapphireLynx Guest

GPU:
    Msi GTX 760 SLI 1200/1700
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...leMKP-_-pla-_-Portable+Audio-_-9SIA08R0S41377

I don't want specifically a 600 ohm headphone, just anywhere from 250 ohm to 600 ohm, as I want to use this amps power while I got it. :)

Price range is $200-$250, mainly will be for trance music and gaming. But much more then that too.

4. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    You can find a pair of DT880 premiums 250ohm cheap on amazon or ebay, as well the DT880 pro-250s as well. But it best to give the headphones a listen to see how you like them. If you have a store near you that will let you listen to some headphones, it be best if you do that first.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013

5. GreenSmoke

GreenSmoke Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 660 OC FrzIII
    I have the same amp, and a pair of 250 Ohm DT 880 Pros. I tried both the 250 and the 600 Ohm version (they let me rent them, both). the difference really wasn't all that much to my ears to justify the cost of the higher Ohms.

I don't know where you live, but if you can access Amazon and ship to you, buy both, try both, keep the one you like and send the other back. Or if you have the option for trying in a local music/instrument store go there.

It's all about what you hear, asking for others advice about such a thing is moot imo, since you don't hear what they hear.