Does Only HP Have Good Speakers?

Discussion in 'Laptops & Notebooks' started by Boris_yo, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Boris_yo

Boris_yo Member

GPU:
    GeForce 7400
    I was researching laptops and only found HP to have good speakers - Altec Lansing. No other brands have good speakers like these? Only HP has?

2. Assassino

Assassino Guest

GPU:
    650 Ti BOOST OC
    It appears Altec Lansing has somewhat of a partnership with HP. This is also one of the reasons why HP is more expensive coz it has Altec speakers. Though since it is just a laptop, the sound quality just isnt good enough

3. stone-eye

stone-eye Guest

GPU:
    Intel® HD Graphics
    Dont some Toshiba models have Harmon kardon speakers? I know my old P4-m did and the sound quality was superb. Just a shame toshiba dont seem to opt into graphics card driver programs so getting updates is a pain.

4. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    To be honest, MOST laptops sound is comparable to sound on a mobile phone...

It's always best to buy at least a 2.1 surround sound system for your laptop...

There are many times when you may be watching youtube videos and the sound just isn't loud enough or distorts when turned up high...

The sound is only good if you haven't got much of a choice...

5. stone-eye

stone-eye Guest

GPU:
    Intel® HD Graphics
    Thats not true, only if the laptop has cheap crappy speakers. If you're an audiophile then yes laptop speakers will probably never be enough but Ive had numerous laptops that have had good bass and volume for gaming/movies without needing any external help. Ive not honestly run anything through my netbooks Altec lansing speakers yet but my old toshiba (and this is years ago now) was amazing sound even turned up full volume and was used on many occasions for movies or music at a party.

6. Gazebo

Gazebo Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070
    MSI has Dynaudio

7. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    I'm an audiophile then!!! I've even had laptops having 5.1 surround sound and 2 subwoofers....

While the sound was ok, the bass was non existent....

Using bass from my dedicated subwoofer at home powered by an amp shakes my house at 25% volume... lol :D

8. stone-eye

stone-eye Guest

GPU:
    Intel® HD Graphics
    Yes generating a minor earthquake in your residential area would qualify you either

a) an Audiophile

b) an evil genius

c) Godzilla

9. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Haha, nice one! :D

10. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    nope, my current laptop has a pretty decent 12 watt subwoofer, quite loud and good sound

11. abula

abula Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4090 Strix
    +1

MSI GT780R/GT683 have atm the best speakers on any laptop that i have heard, still with the limitation of what a small speaker can achieve, but for a laptop, nothing comes even close.

Given that in a video you might not be able to really tell how they really are, but might be worth checking in case it matters, MSI GT780R 17" Gaming Laptop Dynaudio speakers test

Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
  12. Boris_yo

Boris_yo Member

GPU:
    GeForce 7400
    I learned that DELL have JBL and Inspire speakers. They also have SRS Speakers but i don't think that these are speakers but rather effect.