Nvidia GeForce 337.50 BETA - Discussion & Download

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyris, Apr 5, 2014.

1. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    I always had weird things happen in far cry 3 on windows 8.

people eyes would be black making it look like they was possessed by the devil or something.

for some reason when I play at really high resolution. trees would loose there leaves as I was going by them.........:infinity: as if my presence instantly killed them...:infinity:

2. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    Well, BF4 extra smooth, no lag or anything. WHQl will have more boost just even better :D

3. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I sometimes get that error for desktop after a new installation, usually a reboot fixes it.

4. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296

5. cpy

cpy Banned

GPU:
    On chip 1MB
    How is this showing api advantage and gains when they use intel extre CPU? Isn't mantle for slow CPU that might cause bottleneck? What is nvidia trying to prove with this benchmark? Marketing much?

6. psychic717

psychic717 Member

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    So I just tested Batman Arkham Origins and the game felt smoother :)
    But now the smoke/shock wave created after a punch on an enemy is a strange dark purple, but not all the times, I mostly see it on a critical hit.

Does anyone else has this?

7. Smooth Operator

Smooth Operator Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX690
    Just tested out NFS: Rivals with the SLI and 60fps fix at 1080p with 1.5 render scale and my minimum framerate in the Gullwing Drive town (among others) which previously dropped down to 34fps making it unplayable now only drops to 51fps, 17fps gain!

It seems this is much better for the enthusiasts than Mantle which is better for the low-mid range.

8. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    Hmm, never thought to test this game, it always had drops in town areas for me, off for a Race :D.

9. siriq

siriq Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 570 Classified
    The best thing is for me, i can stream my BF4 without nearly any fps drop and lag!

10. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Its 14:29 here were i am just to let you know.:)

11. Astug

Astug Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti
    I'm ashtonished, truly. Gains in BF4 on my 680 are huge. I can now play with everything on ultra (besides effects, which causes frame drops on ultra below 60, so I set it to high) AND with 2x MSAA and still hold a steady 60 through an entire game. Very impressive. With previous drivers I had to set both effects and post processing to medium and even lightning to high and I could forget about MSAA.

12. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    No real boost here by some bigger cpu bound scenarios.

*HardReset bench, the same as 335.23

*X3TC bench, almost worse then 335.23 (lots of stalling)

*RedFaction Armageddon (dx11), the same fps drops by collapsing buildings

Not impressed atm. I thought i would see at least 5fps by min fps across most cpu bound games but no, ah well.

will test, Hitman A, TombRaider, Sleeping dogs, Batman AO, JustCause2, LostPlanet colonies, Rage transcode, Monster Hunter frontier later..

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  13. Smooth Operator

Smooth Operator Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX690
    Well I got it in the recent £3 Origin Sweden deal so I've just started playing and the only thing bothering me was the stupid 30fps cap, it's too low at the best of times but in a racer :bang:.

Now though I can happily say it is the best arcade NFS game to date which is a huge surprise after the turd Most Wanted was.

14. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Those games you listed are poorly optimized anyways. No driver is going to fix that.

15. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    HardReset -> DX9(Poor optimized)

But let's see what will change in WHQL, more games will be added.Maybe more optimizations as well.

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    ^
    Nope, I saw a boost r331 vs 335.23 (4fps on avg by min fps), now with 337.50 its the same like by 335.23. Still cpu bound by min fps at 2-3 locations.

Phazedelta
    And? If this is such a magic code it should help by those as well, even if its just 1-2fps but its not, almost worse.

17. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    With a 4770K at 4.7 I doubt you will get that to be a bottleneck with only a 580. Did you try it with a lower resolution to force a CPU bound situation?

18. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    All those games mentioned above are no1 cpu bottlenecks, with bigger gpu usage drops, especially X3TC (20-40% gpu usage) so I assumed it will be a higher (extra index, vertex buffers, extra draw calls), but its not :(

For example RedFaction dx11 armagedon, has the same 55-58ish fps drops (gpu usage drops to 70-80%)

Will see the rest.

19. MaLDo

MaLDo Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080

Indeed.

20. Cygnific

Cygnific Member

GPU:
    2070S Gaming-X