Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Affiliates > Rivatuner Generic Discussion forum
Rivatuner Generic Discussion forum This forum is intended for generic questions and discussion of the RivaTuner Utility. In this section the users help each other out with answers.

Framerate changing its cap mid-game?
Old
  (#1)
Dograt500

Videocard: Nivida GTX 1060 6GB VRAM
Processor: Intel i7 6700 HQ
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: 180 W AC
Default Framerate changing its cap mid-game? - 08-04-2017, 02:56 | posts: 1

Hello, I seem to be having some issues and haven't been able to find a solution so hopefully someone can give me a hand.

I Have been playing Runescape 3 in the desktop client using RTSS to limit the FPS to 60. I have noticed using the in game FPS counter that at random points the FPS will drop from 60 to 30 and stay there. it tends to happen if i teleport to another location in game(causing it to load for a few seconds) or if I switch to another program like a web browser. If I increase the FPS counter in RTSS while this is happening, Runescape's FPS will go up but only by half the value entered(e.g. i have 90 FPS entered in RTSS, only get max of 45 FPS in Runescape). if I close and reopen Runescape it goes back to whatever frame rate is in RTSS, but it happens very frequently. i have V-Sync disabled in RuneScape as well.

I have tried using both the global preset and one dedicated to Runescape.
One factor maybe that runescape has two ".exe" files. One is called "rs2client.exe" and the other is "RuneScape.exe" i have tried using a preset for both of them individually and at the same time.

Im running RTSS 7.0.0 Beta 19 and Nivida Driver version 376.89.
Any advice would be appreciated