Guru3D.com Forums

Go Back   Guru3D.com Forums > Affiliates > Rivatuner Generic Discussion forum
Rivatuner Generic Discussion forum This forum is intended for generic questions and discussion of the RivaTuner Utility. In this section the users help each other out with answers.

Windows 10 2017-07 Cumultive Update Causing RTSS Startup Loop--Fix?
Old
  (#1)
samhain1969

Videocard: GTX 1080 Ti/10GB
Processor: Intel i7-4790K
Mainboard:
Memory:
Soundcard:
PSU: EVGA Platinum P2 1200w
Default Windows 10 2017-07 Cumultive Update Causing RTSS Startup Loop--Fix? - 08-02-2017, 19:33 | posts: 1

Hello,

I just downloaded/installed 2017-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4032188) moments ago on my Alienware R2 15 laptop and when I restarted it, RivaTuner started acted erratically.

It started going into this loop of wanting to start but a Compatibility Assistant pop-up window appears, with the following:

"This app can't run on this PC. RivaTuner Statistics Server - RTSS doesn't work on this version of Windows. An updated app may be available."

Running v.6 No-go there. I tried running the Windows compatibility... No-go again.

I ended up installing RTSS Beta (7) version w/out unistalling v.6 and it finally worked.

Just posting this, in the event anyone else runs into this issue. Not guaranteeing a fix, just telling my version of events that worked for me.

Old
  (#2)
pimp_gimp
Ancient Guru

Videocard: EVGA Geforce GTX 980 SLI
Processor: Core i7-3770k 4.5Ghz
Mainboard: Asus P8Z77-V Premium
Memory: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws Z
Soundcard: Creative SoundBlaster Z
PSU: Corsair AX1200
Default 08-02-2017, 23:07 | posts: 6,586 | Location: Tacoma, Washington

The Creator's Update has known compatibility issues with the RTSS 6.xx and below hooking engine. RTSS 7.xx fixes these issues and is noted in the release notes.

From the RTSS 7.xx release notes:
Quote:
Hook engine is now using alternate shorter x64 hook trampoline to provide compatibility with Windows 10 Creators Update Direct3D9 runtimes. The previous trampoline can be enabled via the configuration file if necessary