Software GUI Bug

Discussion in 'General Software and Applications' started by darkdrium, Jan 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. darkdrium

darkdrium Guest

GPU:
    G-Skill 16GB@2400MHz
    Hi guys,

I don't know if it's here I should post, but I think it's the best place. I use Windows 7 Professional, my GPU is a Geforce GTX Titan, and it started to happen some weird stuff with some Graphical User Interface (GUI) in some softwares I use. The interface with buttons simply disappear, I can't read texts that are on typing bars, and when I hover the mouse over the buttons, they blink and I can read what's on it for an instant. I have searched all over Google, and couldn't find a proper fix. The issue does not happen all the time, it happens sporadically, but when it does, the softwares become almost unusable. Sorry, but I'm tired of having to reboot my PC every time it happens. I don't know if it's a video problem, have changed all of the possible configuration sets among Nvidia Control Panel, have changed Windows themes, color schemes, tried to open the softwares in compatibility mode, but it still persists.

Here's a picture of a software I use to embedd one Windows ISO into a flash drive, but it happens in a lot more softwares.

postimg.org/image/bg1y13vdb/

Thanks in advance for helping.

2. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    To me it looks like your OS has corrupted system files like MS dll-files used by applications.
    Have you tried to run sfc.exe to check for such corruption? Have you tried to reinstall applications which do glitch?
    As a heavy troubleshoot you can reinstall Windows.

3. elaganza

elaganza Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire r9 380
    Agree with mbk1969. Try to run sfc /scannow in cmd as an administrator

4. darkdrium

darkdrium Guest

GPU:
    G-Skill 16GB@2400MHz
    Hey guys,

Ran sfc /scannow in cmd as admin, but it didn't find anything wrong... And I imagine that, if I reinstall Windows, what if it happens again? Will I have to reinstall the OS every time??

Thanks in advance...

5. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Most of times reinstalling the OS is best solution (but requires a lot of additional movements like storing valuable data and reinstalling apps). Btw, if you have disk (DVD or USB one) with OS distributive you can launch installer and choose a repair mode of installation.