No Man's Sky

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by harkinsteven, Dec 9, 2013.

1. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Now this is why I love PCs!. This is unbelievable looking.
    Game's like this make it feel like its back in the good old days of PC. Like the days of thief and deus ex.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRpDn5qPp3s

2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Im still waiting for this

[​IMG]

There hasnt been confirmed a platform yet. (ps4 probably though since sony was congratulating them)

3. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I'd be surprised if this is not on PC.

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Of course it is, ps4 can't handle the graphics. :D

5. AvengerUK

AvengerUK Guest

GPU:
    Titan X (Pascal) EK-WB
    The trailer certainly made me interested.

I hope it's on PC - but, it might be on PS4 first - wasn't joe danger a PS3 exclusive, came to PC about a year on?

6. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Could become the GTA of space, but i doubt it. Indy gaming news are best taken with a bit of salt.

7. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    "The game, right now, runs on off-the-shelf high-end PC and it runs on a next-gen console." Murray wouldn't disclose anything else about platforms but did say development of No Man's Sky is "further along than what the trailer would lead you to believe."

previews and screenshots
    http://www.joystiq.com/2013/12/09/no-mans-sky-is-a-sci-fi-exploration-roguelike-in-a-consistent-u/
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-12-09-a-future-that-has-a-history-introducing-no-mans-sky
    http://www.polygon.com/2013/12/9/5190824/behind-the-scenes-with-hello-games-no-mans-sky
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/12/09/first-look-no-mans-sky/

8. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    The way you can fly off planet and into the clouds through the atmosphere and into space seemlessly with no loading inbetween is fantastic for immersion.

Something that Elite Dangerous will do but with billions of gallaxies, yes billions, all procedurally generated.

This is something that Star Citizen will not have and is a massive immersaion breaker for me, should still be good though.

Roll on March 2014 for ED.

9. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
    This is an ambitious project, but the dev team only consist of "four" people!... I have the feeling for being such a big game it's going to fall very short of what it wants to achieve and what peoples expectations are. Four people isn't enough for creating a universe with hundreds of planets and their own unique ecology.

10. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I would say you are incorrect with this statement. It's procedural i.e random. They feed the program parameters and then the code generates the world based on those parameters. Play games like Terraria and starbound to see what I mean. The best thing about these is that it's non scripted and you never know what you'll find.

You underestimate talent and determination.

This was made by TWO people.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g063gr1SPWU

11. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    This is a game everyone is dreaming about, huge open world, no loading screens, flying in space.

<3

12. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 XT
    I'll be more than happy as long as it hits on PC market. I trully fell in love with this game at the VGX!

13. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    The thing is today some people are not aware of the video game history from the past and they always think it has always been Multi Million dollar teams of 100 people working on one game in the Plush offices of some nice city somewhere in a very nice part of the world.

Although this is always perceived to be the case its seems that we have come full circle and the Bedroom program from the 80s and early 90s is kinda making a comeback, great things were done with one man and his band so why cant the same be done again.

The technology available today is mind blowing, there is no limitations from the hardware that is available today compared to years ago where technology was a joke (making games in 64k) but the content and richness of gameplay that came from the artist was phenomenal when you look back. If only the technology was available what we have today back then. Imagine what we would have know, amazing when you think about it!
    http://www.frombedroomstobillions.com/
    Check out 2:37 in the video the Legendary Matthew Smith creator of Manic Miner and Jet Set Willy...he has no teeth!! He went missing for years after making Jets set Willy, a good 15 years went by and nobody or none had heard of his whereabouts....True Story.

I reckon he was on the Crack Pipe looking at him know!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013
  14. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    They actually don't, the 4 guys are the main ones sure, but I know someone from my uni class who's working for them and working on this. I think they do a lot of temporary contracts.

15. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Procedural content can be good if there's a lot of random content the generator can choose from. But very often it's just quantity over quality.

Remember Oblivion with its green fields and woodlands? There were unique places clearly designed by a human to assist the story goin on in that area.

There are also places that were clearly just generated but since nothing was ever going on there you just found some rocks and trees. Sometimes the bushes had a different color but that was it.

A procedural landscape can appear as dead if it lacks purpose. I hope these guys can bring purpose to this whole universe.

16. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Evochron had a similar mechanic although there wasn't that much down on the planet surface from what I remember, game wasn't procedurally generated either I think, also had a small development team though the game is still being updated.
    ( http://www.starwraith.com/evochronmercenary/screenshots.htm )

Looking forward to seeing how this game will turn out, should be fun judging by the info currently available. :)

17. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Looks gorgeous! Been waiting ages for a decent space game, open world that is. :)

18. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yeah i remember that game, i know that procedurally generated landscapes can be barren and sparse. But Richness of content comes from the Artist, something that David Braben is fully aware of, he will make this game how he wants to make it and not how a publisher wants to make it.

I think its going to be amazing. If David Braben cannot make a true successor to Elite and Frontier then nobody can. He is the right man for the job and the many ideas he has in head have been there for years and years.

Braben said about 10 years ago that when a new Elite comes out it would have to be better than anything else.

I know that seemless planet landings will not be available at release but they will be included at alater date as well as lots of other content.

19. quaker3

quaker3 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6850HD
    amazing.. this one is trully godly looking game. Can i have this for xmas? :D

20. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800