Replacement for my now deceased G400S.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Lemwise, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Lemwise

Lemwise Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 280X Gaming
    So as we all know the G400S in no longer available so I have to get something else. I really liked the shape because it's perfect for my claw grip. What I liked about the indents on the sides is that it made it really easy to pick up the mouse. I'm a low sensitivity gamer and during gaming I will pick it up and bring it back to my starting position. I'm basically looking for a similar shape that allows me to use the new mouse in the same way.

The Roccat Kone XTD looks very similar in shape and size but I've read a lot of bad things about the build quality. The scroll wheel seems to be a weak point giving out after a few months. The finish also doesn't seem to last very well. Maybe they've changed this with the latest production runs?

The Corsair M45 also seems like a good choice. It seems to be made for a claw grip with the rough textured surface on the sides making it easy to pick it up. I don't know how long that finish lasts so maybe someone can comment on this?

If there are other mice I should look at I'd love to hear it.

2. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    The Logitech G400s is still available from several etailers, if you're willing to pay the price.

Personally, I recommend the G502.....

3. Lemwise

Lemwise Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 280X Gaming
    The G502 is out of my price range. I can get the Roccat Kone XTD at a discount for the same price as the Corsair M45. Both are now $58 (€54,90) in The Netherlands. I'm leaning towards the Roccat because of the shape and size, but the reports about the scroll wheel are holding me back.

4. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE

5. Lemwise

Lemwise Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 280X Gaming
    Yes, I can get the Pure as well for the same price. But from what I understand the Pure has the same scroll wheel issue?

6. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    There's also the G302 and G402.

I don't know prices in the Netherlands.

7. Lemwise

Lemwise Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 280X Gaming
    The discounted Kone XTD, the Kone Pure, Corsair M45 and Logitech G402 are all basically the same price over here. They're all about $58. I think I'm going to discard the Kone Pure and M45. I've looked up the dimensions and I think these are too small for me. I really liked the size and shape of the G400S so I think I'm going to order the G402. If it doesn't suit me I can always return it.

8. 8IronBob

8IronBob Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 4GB SC
    Yep, the G502 is what I have, along with the G710 Mechanical Keyboard...clearly a decent combination. G710, NOT G710+, coming off a DAS Keyboard, those Cherry MX Blues are certainly the best for me.

9. Lemwise

Lemwise Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 280X Gaming
    Great news. Someone I know also had a G400S with buttons that didn't work anymore. The sensor was fine which was the part that died on my mouse. So I put the sensor from his G400S into mine and now I have a G400S that functions perfectly again.