Semi-offtopic: Guru3D teams for other types of DC? {No}

Discussion in 'Folding@Home - Join Team Guru3D !' started by Svein_Skogen, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Svein_Skogen

Svein_Skogen Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX570, ASUS+eVGA
    Is there an official team guru3d for other projects (like Milkyway@home, WCG, Spnhenge, etc), or does guru3D officially participate as a team in Folding@home?

Reason I'm asking, is that my rig is already set up for boinc (with some projects I'm genuinely interested in), and it seems boinc (or atleast milkyway@home) manages to load-balance three ati-gpus (5970+5850) all by it self.

//Svein

2. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    No it already takes a lot of effort to manage one group, so Folding is the only official supported compute group we have.

3. Svein_Skogen

Svein_Skogen Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX570, ASUS+eVGA
    ok, then I'll spend some time reading up on how to get folding@home to behave properly when launching three sessions (one for each gpu) from three different folders (of course) to utilize all of them. Right now it throws warnings that need interaction to get stuff running (things that doesn't start automatically at login is ... likely to not be started. My mind usually fails to remember stuff).

Or, alternatively, stay with "team norway" and boinc for that machine. :p

//Svein

4. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Dude .. that's just not an option, fold for Guru and become[​IMG]

5. Svein_Skogen

Svein_Skogen Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX570, ASUS+eVGA
    *grin*

Got the start-three-clients-and-stop-messing-about bit sorted now, so if only I could get a work unit I'd be happy...

//Svein

edit: I've now set "no new work" for all my boinc projects so ... I guess Team Norway will be pissed at me...

6. Svein_Skogen

Svein_Skogen Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX570, ASUS+eVGA
    Now, the next stupid question is: For my two "headless" boxes (running server 2008r2 and storage server 2008), should I run the SMP client or two instances of the regular client?

//Svein

7. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA

There we go :nerd:

8. Svein_Skogen

Svein_Skogen Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX570, ASUS+eVGA
    Would posting my method-of-madness for getting stuff to work be of use to the forum?

//Svein

9. PantherX

PantherX Folding@Home Team Leader

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
    If you are intrested in running F@H, MW@H or other DC projects, you may need to provide additional details:
    Hardware used
    Usage of system: runs 24/7 DC projects only; runs DC projects plus light usage; etc
    Preferred DC Project: F@H, MW@H, Bionic, etc, none

I have seen some users running F@H and other DC projects together but it does require some time to correctly configure the clients to make the best possible use of their hardware.

10. iancook221188

iancook221188 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 SLI / GTX 460 SLI
    welcome to the team Svein if you have any question just ask away, there are many people here that willing to answer fold on

11. brazen

brazen Active Member

GPU:
    Asus STRIX GTX 980
    Hey, you've got it working. Congrats! \o/

Now, bug Hilbert here for signature rights as you seem to have a setup fit for bragging rights ...