Dell B130 disassembly instructions

Discussion in 'Laptops & Notebooks' started by Sue Kretock, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Sue Kretock

Sue Kretock Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce 7600GT PCI-E
    I have a cheap Dell laptop and like so many others of this model(B130 Inspiron) the DC connector is either shot or the solder joints are bad. I am able to solder and I have soldered many boards etc. in the past. I can get the part for the board but I can't find any decent instructions on disassembling the laptop. I downloaded the Dell manual and they aren't much help. Why should they be,They would rather you pay them for your trouble lol I have search high and low for instructions and I can't find any, I did take apart the screws and the lids on the components and one side of the board is still latched somewhere. If someone can help me you don't know how greatfull I would be. I can't find anything yet. Thanks very much aheard of time.

2. Infested Nexus

Infested Nexus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™ HD 8850M
  3. Sue Kretock

Sue Kretock Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce 7600GT PCI-E
    Thanks. I have those instructions already but are they saying you have to remove the hinge near the lcd screen also? Do you have to remove all components like the harddrive,cpu, etc.? Like I said Dell doesn't want us to really fix anything so why should they give better instructions lol Thanks anyway for the help.

4. Sue Kretock

Sue Kretock Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce 7600GT PCI-E