Motherboard won't Boot. QCode 55 (Mem not installed)

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by MerolaC, Aug 7, 2014.

1. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Hello guys.
    So, today I received my new CPU (3770k).
    I installed it and now the PC won't boot giving me the error 55 (Memory not Installed)
    I've tried moving the memories arround, using a cheap DDR3 memory that's working on another PC, going back to the other CPU in case the IMC isn't working in the new one, tried another PSU and taken out the motherboard out of the case. Nonthing worked.

One thing I noticed was that, BEFORE installing the new components and AFTER I used an air compressor to take all all the dust, little white spots happened to appear on the motherboard, so, I'm thinking that MAYBE some humidity took over the motherboard. Could it be that's the problem?
    :(

Thoughts on this would be HIGHLY appreciated.
    Please and thank you.

2. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Well, I just gave up on it and I will get an used Asus Sabertooth p67 b3 board.
    I just hope I havn't ruined any other component (video card and sound card) on the undusting(? Or it's dedusting?) process.

3. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Be sure to clean memory ports contacts with alcohol (C2H5OH).

4. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KP3090
    damaged pins can cause memory problems

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    ^
    This, maybe try to re-seat cpu?

6. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    You did reset the BIOS/CMOS before installing the new CPU right ?

7. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    I did the impossible guys.
    It just won't post.
    I also not just cleaned the memory slots contacts, after that, since it didn't work, I cleaned the whole board with Isopropilic Alcohol (99% purity), then used a hairdryer in medium heat to dissipate any alcohol residue if at all and nothing.
    I also left it in direct sun inside my car (it's winter here, so, nothing extreme).
    Nothing. I checked every possible contact, including the CPU socket, re-seated the CPU (back and fort with the old and new one). Everything is perfect.

I will send the motherboard to a respected bussiness people here, which, all they do is to repair motherboards, is their speciallity. I searched info on them in forums and people say that they are great.
    Besides, if the motherboard can't be repaired, they won't charge the costumer.

Also, I had to cancel my purchase on the P67 because the seller lives way too far from where I am. So, I end up finding a AsRock Z77 Pro3, which a friend has, so, I know the board, it's good, for what AsRock can do, anyways.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions, you guys are always helpful, I HIGHLY appreciate it! :D

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Bad for p67 mobo and good that you got that Asrock z77, should also OC better :)

9. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Thank you!
    I've been looking reviews of it and most of them got the 3770k up to 4.6/4.7 Ghz.
    It's also better for me because it has all Intel Storage SATAs. So, that means better stabillity! No more AsMedia/Marvell/JMicron bull**** :D

10. biggerx

biggerx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3070 FTW
    ASRock FTW! Got my 3770k to 4.6 on the first try and I was able to lower my voltage.