Old Compaq notebook computers

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by jeffmorris, Feb 22, 2014.

1. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 760
    I have Compaq Presario 1610 and Compaq Armada M300 notebook computers that were not used for a long time. I got the Armada M300 working but the Presario 1610 may have bad HDD or CD-ROM drive. The screen says "Operating System not found" after the POST. Since the Armada M300 is smaller and lighter than the Presario 1610, I'm thinking of using Armada M300 at the program for mentally handicapped people. It has Windows 2000 OS. Any suggestions?

2. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Try booting with a Windows CD?

3. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 760
    I tried to boot with a Windows CD but I still get the message. I found out that the Presario 1610 has a CD-ROM drive, not a DVD-ROM drive. I may have an older version of Windows but I have to look for it. I was able to install Windows XP on the Armada M300 after trying to install Windows 7 on it. I'm afraid to activate Windows XP because it was on my desktop computer before installing Windows 7 on it. The Armada M300 has 600 MHZ Pentium CPU and ATI RAGE LT Pro GPU with 4MB of video memory. Is there a list of PC games that can run on old computers?

4. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    With specs like that you'll probably be limited to 1997 and earlier.