690 GTX Club/Overclocking/Benchmarks!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Veteran, May 8, 2012.

1. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Ok good news!
    I managed to get the core clock upto 1241mhz fully stable in Heaven and 3D Mark 11.

I tried for 1256 but was unstable in Heaven, i did not try 3D mark 11.
    I used the MSI Voltmod which enabled to go to 1.3v. I cannot go any higher on the 690, would have been nice to try 1.31 as the 690 only maxxes out at 50 degree temps with this waterblock.

When my ThermalPoly pads come ill try for higher on the core.
    I can also try this....

This line disables the VDrop, but it adds 0,025V to your Settings.
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSI Afterburner\MSIAfterburner.exe" /sg0 /wi3,20,de,00 /sg1 /wi3,20,de,00"

Overall im pleased with the result.
    PT..150.
    Core..190
    Mem..0

[​IMG]:)

Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
  2. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    You can go over 1.3 volts, you need msi ab 16 and the zaruwadoo tool for LLC. Voltage up to 1.6. I wouldn't go over 1.35 on a 690. I have tried up to 1.4 volts with power usage at 450watts with no issues.

3. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Only just noticed this post, ill give this a try, I have seen the Zaruwadoo tool for LLC but i dont use it as i use LLC as i use it through shortcut extension. I think i could take the 690 higher maybe just at 1.32 will allow me to get 1280mhz or higher as i cannot go any higher than 1267 atm as card seems to have hit its limit atm on its current voltage. Are you sure you can do this with the 690 as i heard no mention of it in the 690 thread. 2 people in the thread have same oc as me and no higher so im presuming this was the limit.

4. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    If 1.3 volts is working in MSI ab then above will work, that tool runs the same I2C commands as MSI AB does to add voltage, only difference is that unwinder has put the limit on 1.3 volts for whatever reason. I use a batch file to apply my voltages, run before games and then run the default voltage so that idle volts go down.

5. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Ok thanks for that ill look into it.

6. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I been messing about with this allday. I could not get the voltage to go above 1.300. Does this work with the new AB 3.00?

I was using a shorcut for LLC placed in the autostart folder so settings stay the same when machine boots up but for some reason the shorcut was deleted.

So this time around i used the Zawarudo LLC tool which fixed the LLC and ive now gained an extra 250mv which has allowed me an extra 50mhz.

This takes my max voltage on both GPU's upto 1.305v.

Im now at 1306 stable in all my games but not stable in Uni or 3dmark, all games are good though.

Ive made a short video which ill link once its uploaded.

Also when using the Zawarudo LLC tool and i click on apply voltage i get a " MSI AB could not be started error".

Is it to do with the new AB 3.00?

Also what you think of this tool have you tried it? (Rbby)
    http://www.overclock.net/t/1398725/unlock-afterburner-limits-on-lots-of-cards-some-with-llc-ab-b-19

Any feedback would be appreciated:)

7. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Usually after new ab update it always broke compatibility with zaruwados tool. He died of cancer though, don't think it'll update anymore. That other program was similar to his iirc. But I just use cmd prompt, zero hassle that way. Got a batch file for it and I can set any voltage I want. If you'd rather do that I can give you a script when I get home from work

8. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Yeah that would be great agent, could you set that too around 1.32v please, don't want to go any higher yet. Also when running at 1306 sometimes i get throttling on the other gpu, anyway to stop this? It happens on some games and some games it does not happen. I never knew he died of cancer, how old was he?

Last edited: May 24, 2014
  9. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I found out what the throttling was caused by, basically it happens when your asking too much from your gpu as in the settings for each game. When i ran BC2 with 4xMSAA+4xSGSSAA (using Nvdia Inspector) gpu 1 was at 1306mhz-70% load. Gpu 2 was at 950mhz at 97% load.

Hmmm i thought this dont make sense as should be the other way around.
    I disabled 4xMSAA+4XSGSSAA and enabled the ingame AA+AF+AO+High etc etc.

Instantly both GPU's are both now maxxed out when i play, gpu1 at 1306mhz and gpu2 at 1293mhz. So in a nutshell i found that by increasing the AA (Nvidia Inspector) it also has a massive hit on the core and not only the vram, this would explain why Gpu 2 was at 950mhz and 97% load.

With the inferior ingame AA the performance was equal on both Gpus because there was less load than AA through Inspector. It seems the more vram that is used through high resolutions and superior AA the more need there is for tri-sli or more to keep the performance ratio up with the vram.

Anyhow here is a couple videos i made today and converted to MP4 showing these clocks in a bit of......

BC2
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2P1BoNUFJE

and

Wolfenstein New order.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpRX9eR5afA&feature=youtu.be

Quality on these videos is MP4 so not the best but can see the clocks which is the whole point. Ive played 3 rounds of BC2 and not one crash but the card wont go any higher without crashing.

I know this card has more to give even at 1.31v could see a substantial increase to maybe around 1350mhz. I reckon the vrms can handle it as there well cooled and my temps hardly go over 45 degrees maximum.

Thing is i do not know if the rest of the circuitry is able to cope but im willing to try for around 1350mhz at 1.31v or 1.32v should be more than enough.

Anyhow let us know when you get back for that batch file Agent, cheers.

Last edited: May 25, 2014
  10. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Just to confirm on the 690 that going over 1.3v does not work without hardmodding. Max voltage on a 690 is just over 1.3v.

11. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    ignore

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  12. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    So what clocks are you at now 24 7 with the added voltage?

13. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    edited

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  14. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Im curious Veteran, do you have everything on your gpu's watercooled, or only the chips themselfs? Cause im thinking the vrm's must be burning up, if they Arent recieving some extreme cooling aswell :)

15. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    The Vrm's are cooled using a custom full waterblock, i would have burnt out my vrm's long ago if i wasnt cooling them:)

My Gpu temps dont go over 50 degrees and if they do its only for a short while. Im now running at 1.388v and im fully stable in games at 1346mhz on the core of gpu 1 and 1333mhz on gpu 2

Im also using 2xMSAA from Nvidia Inspector, using anymore than 2 or by adding SGSSAA make the core clock on one of the Gpu's downclock to around 915mhz even when you enable unoffical overclocking from the .cfg in MSI folder. Although using 2xMSAA in Nvidia inspector seems fine and keeps the clocks maxxed on both Gpu's.

However the lower the clocks the more custom AA that can be applied as the whole Gpu is not being as stressed.

Custom AA really kills your core power.

Overall though i could probably go even higher on the oc if i disable 2xMSAA from Nvidia inspector and use the ingame settings instead as theres less stress on both gpus.

Ill post up some gameplay of when i was playing Payday 2, rock solid at 100fps running at 1346 and 1333.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014

16. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Im thinking though, if youre only using 2x msaa, wouldnt it be better to use smaa? As it has nearly the same quality, but anti aliases the entire screen, and not only hard edges, and most importantly - doesnt cause nearly as much stress on the gpus :)

But your setup, and your Cards willingness to coorperate with such high voltages, is admirable ! Personally wouldnt do it though, as i like having a warrenty :p

17. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Ive never really used SMAA, whats best download link and how do i install it?
    Ive always used MSAA+SGSSAA, this i believe gives the best visual quality but ill give SMAA a try. I tried FXAA and that suck balls, i didnt like the heavy blur from it.

18. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
  19. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Obviously using the combination of 4x msaa + 4x sgssaa blows everything else away in terms of anti aliasing, where as 2x2 ogssaa will give your screen a more sharper, more detailed picture (although slighty more aliased than sgssaa) - but both of them increases gpu load immensly, aswell as vram consumption, where as smaa will use give 5 to 10% higher gpu load, and about 50 mb vram (which being on 2gb gk 104's will be something youll be happy about). It gives a very slight blur, but less than sgssaa, and MUCH less than fxaa.

Several games will give you smaa through ingame settings, but for those that doesnt, you can download sweetfx here from guru3d - youll just have to copy the files into the game folder, and it will work straight away... but if you want to, you can fiddle with the sweetfx settings file, and enable / disable a wide variety of visual effects :)

But just to be clear - im not saying smaa is anywhere near sgssaa in quality - its about the same as msaa 2x, but will anti alias the entire screen (including transparent textures), rather than only hard edges, while having a smaller gpu and vram hit :)

Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
  20. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090