Creative Nomad II

Discussion in 'Digital Photography, Home and Portable Electronics' started by yyttu, Apr 21, 2004.

1. yyttu

yyttu Master Guru

GPU:
    _
    I bought a nomad 2 ages ago and I tried to install the drivers for it today. When I did, playcenter wouldnt copy files onto it and media player wouldnt either, it said that it had invalid access to memory loaction and I should wait for other programs to finish using it. (Of course no other programs were using it). I tried it on my other computer because I knew it used to run it fine but when I reinstalled the drivers windows media player could copy a small song to it then i get the same message again. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so how did you fix it?

thanks

2. Chouji

Chouji Guest

GPU:
    19 inch flat screen
    can you access it like a USB harddrive? or only with the play center?

IF you can access it like a harddrive you can use norton disk doctor and speed disk to deal with it.. as odd as it sounds, i use a rca lyra, which has a HDD too.. and i run normal harddrive test like defragg.. error checking ect..

3. yyttu

yyttu Master Guru

GPU:
    _
    nah i checked my computer and it didnt show up as a hd though. It would be really cool being able to access it like a hd, when it worked i had to use windows media player (playcenter said it needed to upgrade itself to work and its like a 20 mb file on 56k)

4. Corrion

Corrion Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS
    I have a Nomad II MG, which is very similar to what you have. The solution: DO NOT install updates for the Creative Playcenter. Stay with the Playcenter included on the original CD, and file transfers should be fine. Took me a few weeks to figure this out, and lots of trial and error.

5. Chouji

Chouji Guest

GPU:
    19 inch flat screen
    i use play center 2.52.14 i think, i dont like 3.0ish

the one im using is the best, 3.X is to slow..

6. Corrion

Corrion Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS
    I'm using 2.20.06, and the original Nomad II MG drivers.

7. yyttu

yyttu Master Guru

GPU:
    _
    i tried that but when i try to transfer some songs, it just crashes. Ive had some succes with a small 800kb song, which after a few tries downloaded fine but anything over 1mb (eg. a decent song lol) wont work.

8. yyttu

yyttu Master Guru

GPU:
    _
    Guys i dont mean to be persistent but i really need your help. I can transfer a couple of my songs but they are only about 1:30 and about 1.5mb. Any others wont work on either of my computers. I looked for firmware updates on the creative site but they said there were no updates. i have firmware version 3.04.

Windows media player and creative playcenter (the bundled one, i cant download anything big well cos 56k lol) can copy those two small songs but any others and playcenter says the device is in use and windows media player says 'invalid acces to memory location' and then jams up for about 10 secons, please anyone else know whats going on?:(